Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

Sofia seems to have something against Dawnguard NPCs. Met Agmaer in Dayspring Canyon, "Hey, are you joining the Dawnguard too?" Wooshwooshwoosh, ice spikes. Get to the fort, wooshwooshwoosh, she starts picking off sentries.

Doing some additional testing to see if it was something wrong with how I was progressing...

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just started with Sofia. I noticed the accent and its driving me crazy (not in a bad way) because I can't figure out where its from. I'm guessing its from Eastern Europe most likely Slavic because it doesn't sound like any western accents I'm familiar with nor any from South or East Asia. But it doesnt sound like a Russian accent. Anyway, she speaks very clearly and it actually adds intrigue to the character. I'm just really curious because I dabble in foreign languages.

Thanks and good job!

Edit:

Actually the more I listen to her she sounds like Marina Orlova of Hot for Words. So maybe she is Russian.

Edit:

Wow, I'm way off. Apparently she's Dutch.

http://www.voices.com/people/finalCrystine

Edited by GameTourist

Yes it's also Frisian Dutch meaning her first language isn't actually Dutch but a regional language in the Netherlands called Frisian which is totally different and would probably further affect her accent although she obviously speaks Dutch as well.

very well made! love Sofia especially her comments, makes me laugh all the time! great job!
one thing though if u had the time maybe, you could fix so she want talk when an other npc is talking too, her voice is getting louder and theris is getting more silent so cant really hear what they are saying.

Edited by Schouenborg

Yes it's also Frisian Dutch meaning her first language isn't actually Dutch but a regional language in the Netherlands called Frisian which is totally different and would probably further affect her accent although she obviously speaks Dutch as well.

She speaks perfectly clear English I just couldn't place her accent. She also sings better than any of the bards in the game. Kudos to Christine.

I just wanted to drop in and say how much fun I'm having with Sofia! She brings a new light to the bleak province of Skyrim...everything will be all deathly serious, and boom, she drops a wisecrack and I almost fall out of my chair laughing. Your writing and Christine's beautiful voice...you two are geniuses! I would - and will - recommend Sofia to all my PC buddies.