Fullscreen Screen Flickering help...

SamuraiBuns

As the title says, whenever I try to play the game in fullscreen there's a constant black flickering. It's annoying and the only way it fixes is if I play in windowed mode -__-

Drivers are updated on my computer. Thing is, I had the game on my computer before and never had this problem. I just stopped playing for a while. I tried fresh installs of the game and steam but still the same thing. Is there any fix for this?

It sounds like a crossfire bug to me. By chance do you have multiple cards in a amd crossfire or nvidia sli setup?

I am not sure if anything changed recently but I don't think crossfire works unless you are in full screen so when you go windowed mode you will only have one card rendering the game instead of one both cards with one skipping shadows or rendering it incorrectly. What drivers are you using?

It sounds like a crossfire bug to me. By chance do you have multiple cards in a amd crossfire or nvidia sli setup?

I am not sure if anything changed recently but I don't think crossfire works unless you are in full screen so when you go windowed mode you will only have one card rendering the game instead of one both cards with one skipping shadows or rendering it incorrectly. What drivers are you using?

I have AMD Raedeon HD 7700m and Intel HD Graphics 4000

That is odd that you are getting flickering without two graphics cards. Are all of you other games fine?

I am currently using AMD's 13.11 Beta 7 drivers (beta 8 is out now). They have been pretty good so far and I havn't noticed any frame drops or visual artifacts in my games but I am using x2 6970's so the drivers may give you different results. Some of the older drivers (I think most in the 12 series and early 13 series) provided very poor results so make sure your drivers are actually up to date.

Also make sure you are using notebook/mobility drivers because some of the older drivers only had desktop versions which would still mostly work fine with laptops.

That is odd that you are getting flickering without two graphics cards. Are all of you other games fine?

I am currently using AMD's 13.11 Beta 7 drivers (beta 8 is out now). They have been pretty good so far and I havn't noticed any frame drops or visual artifacts in my games but I am using x2 6970's so the drivers may give you different results. Some of the older drivers (I think most in the 12 series and early 13 series) provided very poor results so make sure your drivers are actually up to date.

Also make sure you are using notebook/mobility drivers because some of the older drivers only had desktop versions which would still mostly work fine with laptops.

All my other games work perfect. This just started happening when I started playing again. I have everything updated, idk what the problem is.

can you further describe this "constant black flickering" you've been having?

because i had recently had a problem where my screen would keep constantly flashing black every few seconds while i was in-game

Sorry for the late reply.. but the flickering is like this here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkPqVKTScM

Imagine this but its on skyrim only in fullscreen.

Do you have any mods installed? or is this happening on the stock game? i guess I'll assume it's on the stock game, since you've tried reinstalls. Are you playing in online, offline, or have you tried both? Also what is your are your other system specs, and what settings are you playing the game on. I'm not wonderfully tech savvy, but I'm always down to try to help the pretty girl in need, and even if I can't this information might help others who can. Try downloading an FPS monitor as well, It doesn't seem like this is the issue. Your game doesn't stutter as well does it? I just aquired that lovely problem, but I think I'm just using too many mods or have a bad load order)