Martin's mutant whatever (MMM)

Mr MMMM

lags like crazy. Whenever I have that mod enabled I crash nearly every time I come across one of the modified/new mutants or any other modifications.

I have FOMM, but I am a complete computer noob. I followed the install instructions and whatnot, have my MMM.esm UNDER the fallout esm, I'm pretty sure everything is in correct order, but for some reason this mod just makes me crash and crash and crash.

I do have a fairly "bad" computer, so I'm just wondering if this mod requires a computer that can handle the game on medium quality, or I'm doing something wrong or should have something else downloaded in order for the mod to work better.

thanks in advance

p.s. please excuse me if I should have posted in the thread, I thought this would get more attention and I was fairly sure I wasn't breaking any rules.

MMM increases the amount of monsters, and the variety of them.

To run it, you should have a computer able to run the game on high or ultra without the slightest hint of framerate drop.

Even then, if you run increased increased spawns, you may want even more power than that.

• 3 months later...

Im not rly an expert, but if your getting actual crashes when you encounter MMM added beasts its most likely a load order issue, unless your using increased spawns, the increase in spawns is negligable, in fact I dont beleeive there even is one

the thread for MMM has a load order instruction right on the front page perhaps check that out, and/or make sure you dont have increased spawns checked in FOMM

To run it, you should have a computer able to run the game on high or ultra without the slightest hint of framerate drop.

Even then, if you run increased increased spawns, you may want even more power than that.

That is utter BS, I run it on this comp on every single setting low and it works fine, Increased Increased Spawns and all. It's a load order issue or a texture/mesh issue rather then a Hardware issue.

That is utter BS, I run it on this comp on every single setting low and it works fine, Increased Increased Spawns and all. It's a load order issue or a texture/mesh issue rather then a Hardware issue.

Agreed. I'm using a low-end comp until I finish building my beast of a computer, and it runs MMM Increased Spawns just fine.

I think that he may have meant that your computer should be able to run the unmodded vanilla FO3 on high or ultrahigh in order to run this mod effectively. If your hardware is insufficient then you have problems that you can not resolve by tweaking load order and such. You have no way of knowing by the information the OP provided how your computer benchmarks against his.

I run FO3 on my laptop, granted, its a good laptop, a top notch DELL, it comes right between minimum and reccomended system requirments. I run MMMM and its fine, BUT the first time I ran it wild dogs and super mutants textures were flicking to all kinds of random textures (It looked like something from 'A Scanner Darkley!'), I had increased iuncreased spawns on and it most definitel does exactly that (22 super mutants in one camp at highest count) It slows down a little, but the texture problem went away after restarting the pc and turning both increased spawns off. You still get winamingos, geckos etc and a few other goodies so its still worth it.

I say check your load order and post what it is on here, then try turning off all the features of mmmm and adding them one at a time, testing the game each time, see if its the entire mod or one feature your pc downt like.

We are all presuming you definitely extracted the texture and mesh folders and merged then into the exsisting folders in Beth../fallout 3/data, NOT The fallout 3/Data folder in your documents (Vista nonsenses! :wallbash: )