[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

Speaking of scrolls, I wonder if it'd be wise to have an optional plugin where one could create ApocNew scrolls? :o

It would be sooow cool. :3

Another interesting feature would be certain spells that are a scrolls only sort of thing, though again, I could understand if that would be more of an optional plugin. But I'd love to see a scroll spell spoiler!

Ohhh? I think Enai made some allusions towards scroll only spells. ;3 (and that some of them will recquire a special component to cast).

Soo I am suspecting there might be a return of Lion Heart... alsoo... I am hoping for Wizards Fury and Erase Spell return. :3

Btw. Scroll crafting could be really interesting when combined with spell only scrolls. Like... it could ease up things with stalking the merchants and/or waiting for their inventory to respawn.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of scrolls, I wonder if it'd be wise to have an optional plugin where one could create ApocNew scrolls? :o

It would be sooow cool. :3

Another interesting feature would be certain spells that are a scrolls only sort of thing, though again, I could understand if that would be more of an optional plugin. But I'd love to see a scroll spell spoiler!

Ohhh? I think Enai made some allusions towards scroll only spells. ;3 (and that some of them will recquire a special component to cast).

Soo I am suspecting there might be a return of Lion Heart... alsoo... I am hoping for Wizards Fury and Erase Spell return. :3

Btw. Scroll crafting could be really interesting when combined with spell only scrolls. Like... it could ease up things with stalking the merchants and/or waiting for their inventory to respawn.

That and crafting them I could see through multiple things. Making things like papyrus at the tanning racks, then going to another crafting station for enchanting those with soul gems and maybe other components (Heck, even the basic enchanter's menu would be enough for me!). That'd be REALLY sweet to see. And I was really hoping he would. The components with them to cast said spell as well would totally make my mage pants fit better. Oh my gosh.

Spell components in general makes me think fondly of those DnD days on Neverwinter Nights. I'd hoard a bunch of scrolls with the components and DMs would get so angry because I'd have them every time. LOL! This reminds me of those good ol' days.

That and crafting them I could see through multiple things. Making things like papyrus at the tanning racks, then going to another crafting station for enchanting those with soul gems and maybe other components (Heck, even the basic enchanter's menu would be enough for me!).

I think dropping just a few papyruses to each shop would do the trick... andddd I agree... using other components for scroll crafting would be cool. :3 When I play as a mage all alchemy ingreadients become... almost useless.. it could bring the purpose back to them... pluss... I think mages are a bit seen like this... guys who gather some rare ingreadients for some rituals. lol

I am curious now... is it possible make it like any normal enchantment? I mean just use the vanilla enchanter... to disenchant one scroll to get an recipy and then throw in a soul gem, piece of paper and some alchemy ingreadient... and get a scroll?

Item changes are out of scope. Scroll crafting mods exist and are even part of magic overhauls.

The fact that no one noticed the bugs with Apoc scrolls tells me that no one really uses scrolls except for scroll exclusive spells and even then.

Item changes are out of scope. Scroll crafting mods exist and are even part of magic overhauls.

The fact that no one noticed the bugs with Apoc scrolls tells me that no one really uses scrolls except for scroll exclusive spells and even then.

Often they feel to precious to use. So you save them for a rainy day.

Then you forget you have them in the first place.

Until you're selling random scrolls for money then you find them again and think "oh yeah"

Then in defeat you sell them too since you realize you will never use the thing.

Well... I was using scrolls. . Yup... normally only unique ones... but also those that had really powerfull lernabble spells... that I somehow found on lower levels. My main problem was that it was hard to obtain them... I mean yeah... but since those spells were really powerfull I guess it is necessary for balance.

I've tried some of the scroll crafting mods way back when, but they don't make modded spells into scrolls. :( So I never really bothered those.

As far as the bugs with scrolls, I never noticed them mostly due to the reason that I use scrolls as a last resort (even the vanilla ones). Though Tykiii does have that point and now that I think about it even with scroll crafting it could possibly affect the balance. Hrm. That would be a big situation to compensate for.

EDIT: What that guy said above me.

I'm under the impression all those "craft scrolls" mods don't include apocalypse spells without someone explicitly adding a recipe for every single spell. Unless I'm sorely mistaken (in which case I need to grab one of those mods ASAP and play a fantasy-themed gadgeteer TODAY), this would pretty well define the lack of apoc scroll use.

Edited by MoistTypewriter

I would like to have a cheap but random summon spell. Something like 25% rabbit, 25% wolf, 25% mudcrab and 25% bear.

And an advanced version of telekinesis that allow to throw arrows , rocks or something.

Maybe some spell that woul work like a shotgun firing multiple fireballs or ice spikes at the same time with a good power but a very bad accuracy.