[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

Looks really interesting thus far~~ :3

Hmmm... After all the new thingies you implemented to alteration I am curious what are you going to do with Destruction and Conjuration... Like... in vanilla those two schools are probs the most interesting ones... (compared to other vanilla spells) lol... However comparred to alteration or illusion... they do not have as much modding potential...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say how much I love Apocalypse... the Teleport spell alone is worth so much more than so many other spells, I absolutely love the utility the Apocalypse spell package brings, especially with Smart Cast. However, I've had to uninstall it recently due to constant instability with the game, as I also use Skyrim Redone, another wonderful mod. I look forward to this project coming to fruition, and look forward to seeing if it works.

The strange thing is, I could use Apocalypse and Skyrim Redone together until I reached the later game stages. I've worked hard to keep the save game size down, but the instability remains.

The thing about teleport, though, was that it didn't always teleport you to where it lands if its on a slightly steep slope, but that's about the only problem. I haven't tried many other spells, due to the limits of Smart Cast, but maybe add a regeneration spell? I'm an Argonian, so I don't have to worry about that, but the Orcish healing or whatever is kinda weak; you could add a better, higher level regeneration spell.

Also, any spells that buff your damage with weapons or enchantments would also be useful.

Good luck!

Apoc does not cause more instability than any other mod with the same size. Your game was getting unstable and you kicked out the nearest mod and (obviously) it alleviated the issue because removing any mod will improve loading times and reduce memory usage.

No teleport?

Regarding Ocato's Recital: it most likely would wonk with bounded weapons. I tried to use both Hotcast and Smart Cast mods to "speed up" summoning of bounded weapons, but they end up creating "persistent"(i.e. can be sheathed) weapons.

I didn't actually keep Teleport so far. Its functionality can be replicated by Kinetic Charge for closing gaps and Levitate for getting up places. The only thing Teleport does and the other two don't is let you jump into a tree when combat starts and take no damage (you can do that with Levitate, but it cuts out once combat starts). I could put it back in, but I'm not sure why.

It actually doesn't work with bound weapons. Trolol..

Btw, I added All In aka Bloodboil (but I believe someone already took that name). It doubles all your damage (and spell duration) for 20 seconds in combat. If you are still in combat when it wears off, you explode and die.

I'm an Argonian, so I don't have to worry about that, but the Orcish healing or whatever is kinda weak; you could add a better, higher level regeneration spell.

That's quite funny way of requesting infinite stamina pool.

I didn't actually keep Teleport so far. Its functionality can be replicated by Kinetic Charge for closing gaps and Levitate for getting up places.

No, it isn't. Are you seriously comparing point&click teleport versus extra clunky Levitate?

The only thing Teleport does and the other two don't is let you jump into a tree when combat starts and take no damage (you can do that with Levitate, but it cuts out once combat starts). I could put it back in, but I'm not sure why.

How nice of you to immediately assume that I only cheese with it. To your surprise perhaps, I use it mainly in open areas, when want to pass through mountain/invisible wall and bored of backward jumping. And in dwemer ruins to get onto impossible places after the fight.

No, it isn't. Are you seriously comparing point&click teleport versus extra clunky Levitate?

How about this argument:

Phase Shift: Teleport to the designated destination. Adept.

Combat Shift: Teleport to the designated destination, the perform a 180 degree turn. Adept.

And therefore I need to yield otherwise the mod "conflicts" with SkyRe which means *I* suffer.

How nice of you to immediately assume that I only cheese with it. To your surprise perhaps, I use it mainly in open areas, when want to pass through mountain/invisible wall and bored of backward jumping. And in dwemer ruins to get onto impossible places after the fight.

I gave my motivation for removing it, I didn't attack you. Your constant negative comments ("how nice of you") make me wish I'd meet you in a parking garage at night though.

I think some fun/roleplaying spells would be neat to have. In particular I like the idea of being able to curse npcs you don't like, so I'll throw out some ideas I thought up.

[alteration]Form of chicken - The npc is cursed by being permanently turned into a chicken. By recasting the spell, this can be reversed. It could be kept balanced by making it an expert or master level spell that only affects weak npc's.

[alteration]Stone Curse - The npc is turned to stone. Basically the same as form of chicken as far as balancing ideas go.

[conjuration] Nirnbound Soul - The npc's soul is yanked out of his body and cursed to wander the mortal plane. For balancing purposes this spell could do damage similar to a destruction spell, and activate its effect when used as a finishing blow.

[conjuration] Haunting curse - A ghost is summoned to haunt the target npc. May steal and drop his items, as well as perform other mischievous acts.

[restoration]Terminal illness - The npc becomes sick and will die in three days, unless he kills the one that cast this curse. The caster can also undo it.

Edited by LaKitty

I agree wit you about the stunlock effect that the curses would do. On the other side a timed (5-10 seconds) long Polymorph effect at Novice level would be a great life saver in many cases. Being a low level and playing with Requiem you learn that the undead are fearsome and even a basic bandit can be a dire challenge. A way to remove one from the fight, even for a very very limited time (5-10 Seconds, varying on level) would make life so much easier. Not only it will allow a mage player to crowd control his foes but it will also provide the tool for many fun experiments. Provided that is universal (no need to do dragon though).

So far I like Alteration a lot, good work.

As my suggestions go I will repeat the ones from my post on Apocalypse:

- A way to increase weapon speed for a limited amount of seconds without having the need to know the Shout, not all of us play every time as Dragonborn. Great for Spellswords, Battlemages...

- A way to conjure food, let it be a sweetroll or a beef stew, matters not, but due to the amount of survivalist mods why not give to a mage the option to summon a loaf of bread and some water...

- Conjure a Planar Shelter, a tiny dimensional home with a translucent bed and basic stations. Afterall the Guards ask us to conjure a bed :) Again superb for survival mods.

- Add a tiny Familiar creature, a butterfly, a rabbit, something non hostile but with a permanent buff to the player as long as it is summoned. Please oh please, give us the options to summon the Nocturnal ravens on our shoulders... it would be SO AWESOME... and useful too if you give the Familiar perhaps a +10% magicka regen or something similar.

- Conjure Staff... we have swords, we have axes and we have bows, but we are mages, we do not need this things, let us summon a wizard staff that would scale in level and benefit from the Conjuration perks. Lightning attack or something equally sinister would be superb. Though I think Drain Life would be a bit OP... your call if it is viable.

- Horde, yeah, a summoning spell that would allow us to call a horde of expendable and gruesome things, bloodlusted rabbits would do great... M.Python reference...

How about this argument:

How is this an argument? I don't have Skyre so I could careless about incompatibilities with it. And I am comparing spells between your mods.

The thing is you are replacing teleport with levitate and think that's fair trade. It's not. The ideal levitate would be like tcl command but with collisions (and with out-of-combat requirement), not the dwemerverse one, that's for sure.

Your constant negative comments ("how nice of you") make me wish I'd meet you in a parking garage at night though.

My comments aren't "negative", they are just not ultra-positive. Though, I could copy-paste "I love you and all your mods, Enai!" in every post, if it makes easier for you. Apparently, endorsing all of your mods and giving kudos to you isn't enough.

- A way to conjure food, let it be a sweetroll or a beef stew, matters not, but due to the amount of survivalist mods why not give to a mage the option to summon a loaf of bread and some water...

"Survival" spells are domain of authors of aforementioned survival mods. However, those spells counteract the main idea of survival - having limited resources. What the point of limiting resources when you can summon them out of thin air?

and useful too if you give the Familiar perhaps a +10% magicka regen or something similar.

I don't see how 10% magicka regen can be considered "useful". Also, this bird will clip like hell with Edgy Armor of D0rk Paladin and if it won't, then bird will "sit" on the air. Pick your poison.

- Conjure Staff... we have swords, we have axes and we have bows, but we are mages, we do not need this things, let us summon a wizard staff that would scale in level and benefit from the Conjuration perks. Lightning attack or something equally sinister would be superb. Though I think Drain Life would be a bit OP... your call if it is viable.

So you want to cast spell in order to cast free spells? You can do this in vanilla game by stacking "fortify school" enchantments.

- Horde, yeah, a summoning spell that would allow us to call a horde of expendable and gruesome things, bloodlusted rabbits would do great... M.Python reference...

And call it "Conjure CTD".

- Conjure a Planar Shelter, a tiny dimensional home with a translucent bed and basic stations. Afterall the Guards ask us to conjure a bed :smile: Again superb for survival mods.

Mods out there that already let you do this. The name escapes me at the moment but search for "conjure chest" the mod includes all interactable stations including beds etc. No use reinventing the wheel here. There are even mods to create entire conjurable campsites.

- Add a tiny Familiar creature, a butterfly, a rabbit, something non hostile but with a permanent buff to the player as long as it is summoned. Please oh please, give us the options to summon the Nocturnal ravens on our shoulders... it would be SO AWESOME... and useful too if you give the Familiar perhaps a +10% magicka regen or something similar.

This is a mod for the purpose of being skyre compatible. This feature you've described IS already present in skyre. The spirit guide ability in the restoration tree fleshes this out in great detail.

So basically the ability to cast destruction spells at no mana cost but with their spell power determined by the conjuration tree. Without the need for enchanting or soulgems to power the staff.

Take all the good aspects of staffs without any detriments and slap conjuration on to determine spell power. sounds *balanced* :facepalm:

All while having to somehow scale staff spell power to a skill. Not sure if that's easy.

On the other side a timed (5-10 seconds) long Polymorph effect at Novice level would be a great life saver in many cases. Being a low level and playing with Requiem you learn that the undead are fearsome and even a basic bandit can be a dire challenge. A way to remove one from the fight, even for a very very limited time (5-10 Seconds, varying on level) would make life so much easier. Not only it will allow a mage player to crowd control his foes but it will also provide the tool for many fun experiments. Provided that is universal (no need to do dragon though).

A 5-10 sec CC with a 1 sec cast time can cripple 1-3 opponents for the entire duration of the fight. Perhaps not the best idea when early game combat consists of about that many opponents.

Wither is a strong CC and pretty much stops targets in their tracks, but the slow takes time to ramp up, so you can't chain it to turn opponents into babies for the entire fight. This is so you need to do at least SOME fighting before it kicks in. (And you can pretend to be an overpowered Egyptian hyena god)

- A way to increase weapon speed for a limited amount of seconds without having the need to know the Shout, not all of us play every time as Dragonborn. Great for Spellswords, Battlemages...

Attack speed has stacking issues and goes through the roof when more than one source is applied.

Seems to me like this would defeat the entire point of a survival mod.

- Conjure a Planar Shelter, a tiny dimensional home with a translucent bed and basic stations. Afterall the Guards ask us to conjure a bed :smile: Again superb for survival mods.

Again, this is in Dwemerverse. I can see why this gets overlooked: most people only download Top 100 mods. Even Thunderchild succumbed to "page 2 syndrome" and its download count has pretty much stalled. Apocalypse is the only thing I can do which anyone cares about.

Straight up buff with no gameplay, and also stolen from SkyRe. The birds are somewhat out of scope of a spell mod instead of an armor mod, because that's what it would take to fit them to the character's shoulder (in which case might as well recolour them and market them as pirate parrots, including screenshots of a pirate wench behind tons of ENB bling. Guaranteed file of the week right there).

This seems to be the same thing as the attunement concept, except with direct damage in conjuration. The complaints about skill tree identity in Apocalypse told me that most people expect direct damage to be purely a destruction thing (even though the best offensive magic effect in Morrowind was Drain Health in mysticism).

So while you can still shove people off cliffs with alteration and mill their stats or cast instakills with restoration, there will be no form of direct spell damage outside destruction.

You mean like Zombie Apocalypse?

How is this an argument? I don't have Skyre so I could careless about incompatibilities with it.

"You're wrong because *I* don't care about SkyRe"

The thing is you are replacing teleport with levitate and think that's fair trade. It's not.

It's intended as a nerf. Duh. It removes the toxic elements of teleport ie the ability to gain damage immunity as long as there's a rock or tree nearby. There's a reason Floating Bridge conks out in combat. (Bifrost Bridge may or may not end up in alteration 2.0 because it's fairly cheese proof)

My comments aren't "negative", they are just not ultra-positive. Though, I could copy-paste "I love you and all your mods, Enai!" in every post, if it makes easier for you. Apparently, endorsing all of your mods and giving kudos to you isn't enough.

Don't become a manager please. "I don't see why you didn't just submit your reports in Arial, it would be so easy and obviously better than Calibri". There's a reason you got two warnings already, and that reason is not that the whole world is out to get you...

"Survival" spells are domain of authors of aforementioned survival mods. However, those spells counteract the main idea of survival - having limited resources. What the point of limiting resources when you can summon them out of thin air?

Don't you know? Magic mods are designed to be legit cheats!1! :tongue:

Mods out there that already let you do this. The name escapes me at the moment

Dwemerverse. It's in my signature. :tongue: