How could I make a new Swimming Creature to swim around on its own?

qwertzuy

I have a simple Question about the Construction Set. How could I make a new Swimming Creature in Morrowind to Wander around/swim around on its own? It's a big Spider and it don't wants to swim on it's own, despite I'll attack it, then it follows me. The Slaughterfish for example swims around, but I can't see any major differerence in the Creatureoptionsmenu(its set as Wandering). The Spider nif.-File has Anminations for walking and if I attack the Creature it can swim also. Is there any difference between swimming and walking?

Edited by qwertzuy

Visible swimming requires proper animation. Swimming checkbox in creature properties in the construction set should make the creature AI more likely to dive/stay in water (slaughterfish has that checkbox on) else creature should try to normally avoid water

Thank you for the Answers. It has only a walking Animation. And the Reason for, that it not was walking was, that the spider is fairly big. So I made the Distance 2048(512 was too low) and so it can walk an swim/dive on its own.

Edited by qwertzuy

But I've another Question. What means Time of Day und Duration in the Package Details. I saw that the appear of some Birds(in Mods) depents on Scripts. Could that controlled about that Options here also? I will do my trial and error Method with this. But perharps someone knows what it means even so?

I don't know if it's better to make a new Topic, but that also has to do with my Modding activities.

I'm not an Expert in Scripting. But began to make every Container in Morrowind have an Openingsound.
The Script which I use, is orginally not written by me, but well tested and works.

Now there are some Containers, which have an Originalscript already. Specific "Floating" Barrels.
I tried to combine both Scripts, how I think it's logical, but the Openingsound-Script-Part then don't work, only the Floating-Script-Part works.
This is the "combined Script". Whats made I wrong?

begin FloatandOpen

float timer
float swingTime
float swingSpeed
float startAngle

;set startAngle to GetStartingAngle, x

if ( MenuMode == 0 )

set swingTime to 1
;set swingSpeed to 30

set timer to ( timer + GetSecondsPassed )

;rotate up
if ( timer < swingTime )

Rotate x,2

;rotate down

elseif ( timer < (swingTime * 3) )

Rotate x, -2

;up again
elseif (timer < (swingTime * 4 ) )
Rotate x, 2

;reset timer to zero
else
set timer to 0