OMG! that was so much fun.

Adamalmighty

Last night, Oblivion actually surprised me!

I met this chap called 'Durin's Bane' up in the Jerall mountains. Nice fellow, bit of a hot head and up for a giggle.

I was right in front of him, not sneaking or shrouded in any way. He just stood there, in his chamber(littered with dead goblins), looking at me. I clicked him a few times, half expecting him to talk, and nothing happend, so I just hung around to see if he would do something, again nothing, but hes still looking at me. Its not like he hadnt noticed me, cos every time I moved he turned as if tracking me.

After about 10 mins I decided to move on through a door I had spotted behind him. As I was walking past him, he turned nasty (I may have trodden on his toe) and took a swing for me, which damn near took my head clean off! So I ran, but dispite his size he was surprisingly quick, and gave chase. I thought "I'm not having this" and proceded to throw every thing I had at him. 30 mins of this and I've got nowt left, magicka and health are low, weapons and armour failing, and I'm fatigued. Yet hes still got half his health left and seems to resist all kinds of magicial effects, which didnt bode well for me.

Now this chamber we're in is huge and very open, so theres not much I can put between us.

I had almost given up all hope when I noticed he was a bit slow to turn, and i managed to get behind him.

An entire hour had past(real time) before I'd managed to bring him down. By now I was so near death, if a mudcrab had come along and niped me, I'd have droped like a sack full. Never the less I was proud of my accomplishment. I searched the corpse, and was rewarded with one of his horns and a key. I was a bit dipleased with this, hoping for something more substantial I began to seach the chamber thoroughly. I found the weapon that had almost cut me in half.

Still not satisfied, I resigned my self to pressing on through the door that ol' Bane didnt want me to open.

And what do you suppose was waiting for me? A lump of rock thats what!!

After all I'd been through, I was determined to have a trophy worthy of such an epic conflict. And with that I began to drag ol' banes' sorry ass all the way home, to Skingrad. all along the way goblins and ogres would jump me and try to steal my stinking award.

When I finally arrived at the city gate. I was greeted by yet more disapointment! For the city gaurds would not allow me to enter with my prize.

Undeterred I made my way back along the road towards the Imperial City. As I did, I recalled an old haunt of mine, just east of bravil across the Niben Bay. And woe betide any who would stop me from my own door.

I've lost track of time by now, but I have arrived at my sea dome retreat, in one piece. Tired and bloodied I hauled Bane down the corridor and into the pantry(only place it was gonna fit), threw him down the pit, and that was that. I have a balrog in my basement, and I'm finally happy.

What an adventure. I'm beat, going to bed. Night all! :P

Oh yes, I remember picking his hoofs for half an hour with a frost dagger myself. I was pretty well (magically) armoured, so he didn't do much damage. On the other hand, neither did I. His weapon charge died before mine did ... good times.

hmm...a barlog!?

I think I remember fighting one of those....

It hapenes that even my (sadly) overpowered character couldnt take him down with the sword.

I had to use a ton of weakness and midas spells to bring him down =D.

Oh and also you get some stone that had "core" or "primal" in your name..Since it aways stays up like a piant jar,you cant put it in a display case and have to put it on a table,desk or somehting like that.Also I dont know any way to drag bodies into other cells,not to mention that probably the corpse would be too heavy to lift....I would probably just use the staff of worms that I got and the ton of useless lesser soul gems to recharge it until I have managed to lead the barlog into my vinyard(valey view estate-mod) yard and leave it there..

Oh and also you get some stone that had "core" or "primal" in your name..Since it aways stays up like a piant jar,you cant put it in a display case and have to put it on a table,desk or somehting like that.

...Are you suggesting to use the Prime Morpholith as a paper weight?

It's part in getting the necessary resources for the more powerful Midas spells is enormous (post- or pre-MQ). Supposing you knows what to do with it, of course.

hmm...a barlog!?

I think I remember fighting one of those....

It hapenes that even my (sadly) overpowered character couldnt take him down with the sword.

I had to use a ton of weakness and midas spells to bring him down =D.

Oh and also you get some stone that had "core" or "primal" in your name..Since it aways stays up like a piant jar,you cant put it in a display case and have to put it on a table,desk or somehting like that.Also I dont know any way to drag bodies into other cells,not to mention that probably the corpse would be too heavy to lift....I would probably just use the staff of worms that I got and the ton of useless lesser soul gems to recharge it until I have managed to lead the barlog into my vinyard(valey view estate-mod) yard and leave it there..

I used 'carry corpse' lesser power to haul his ass through cells. You have tobe in sneak to pickup, so it takes ages to get anywhere. No idea where it came from, but now I know about it, I plan to throw more cool/dead stuff down my pit! Then I'm on the hunt for some necromancing mods.

• 1 year later...

PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried to kill dunrins bane but after hitting him with a bow that got a attack point of 9563 after a half hour of hitting him with that he is stil alive and if i kill him with console and resurrect him with console and use the same bow he is dead in 2 hits.. can some1 explain that to me or at least tell me how to kill dunrins bane

plz help me