Mod trouble, simple question about race change

accountmadetodlmod

I'm trying out some new mods and trying to use an old character, however I need to be able to change my characters race before I get into the game. I've looked high and low and tried the creation editor but have had no luck finding how I can do this. I'm wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction for changing my characters race from outside of the game. I may have just missed the option to edit game saves in the creation kit, I hope anyway.

I gave you the wrong one.... :/....here...this will create a bat file...So when in game...bring up console and type bat "file name" no quotes...Under the file section...the newest 1.4 version is at the bottom..don't download the top 1...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3142/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3142&pUp=1

I gave you the wrong one.... :/....here...this will create a bat file...So when in game...bring up console and type bat "file name" no quotes...Under the file section...the newest 1.4 version is at the bottom..don't download the top 1...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3142/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3142&pUp=1

After clicking save to make the program create the save_edit.txt it says it has created the file but it is nowhere to be found on my desktop. I made sure show desktop items was on, I also only have the Recycle Bin present on my desktop so I'm not overlooking the file. I was wondering if I just created a text file called save_edit.txt and place it where it needs to be in the Skyrim folder if that would do the job?

I tried that but when in game it says unable to find batch file when I use the console command

Edited by accountmadetodlmod

Do a file search for it or check in the skyrim folder and see if it was auto added

I did a file search and couldn't find it, I also checked the Skyrim folder to make sure it was not there. I tried running the program as administrator but it still will not make the file.

If you were to use that program and make the file would it work for me or is it specific to my system, I'm unsure if this file is empty or has information in it needed by the program.

yes, tell me the settings you want and I can upload it

Are you referring to the changes I need to make to my character save? Or just the language settings, English if that is what you are asking. I'm also unaware of any options within the program that it asks you aside from options to chnage your character once it has been opened.