ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

PC is dead

The computer of my husband does not work any more. When he hits the power button, nothing happens, like there is no energy at all. We assume that the DVD burner caused a short and now some fuse got destroyed, is that possible? I mean, is there even fuses in computers?

If you had a surge your power supply may be fried, maybe you should take it in to a local pc shop.

Also many things can be fried other then just your power supply, ram, hard drive, anything really.

Also question about fuses in a pc? no there isn't.

I don't think your dvd burner had anything to do with that either, there could have been a surge from a storm or something like that.

First check that the outlet it is plugged into is OK. Plug in a lamp and try it. If the lamp dosn't work, check the circuit breaker.

I have been repairing computers for over 30 years and can help. It just depends on how deep you want to go into it yourself.

Yup, it said nothing. Like all would be dead.

Buuuuut: We bought a new power supply and all works again. Unfortunately the DVD drive also got broken but the rest took no damage due to this short (I assume it has been a short)...

Thank you everybody for your help! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

No problem.

But now that you're reading this, you might as well help me. How do you change your forum title? Like I have 'Veteran' and you have '... cuddles Deadra'? I'd like to change that.

Bib-lost

Archived