Return to Shady Sands

BadPenney

By that do you mean we get to serve as caravan guards?

Exactly. Talk to the Caravan boss when she is waiting at Shady Sands or Canterbury Commons and sign up for a trip. You have to stay with the caravan as it travels. You can speed time up by waiting when the caravan stops at each destination, but if you get too far away and out of line of sight of the caravan as it travels then you fail the trip and don't get paid.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of that mod. Haven't been downloading since working on my own. My caravan is unique to the Shady Sands mod and doesn't include trips with the Vanilla caravans, so it shouldn't clash with that mod. It does share a small portion of one of the default routes, but travels in the opposite direction. So even if you meet one of the other caravans it will only be in passing. All I really need to do at this point is to generate spoken dialogue and finish the scripting for the sign up and pay off routines.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am troubleshooting it right now. The caravan guard quest is giving me some grief.

Once I can play all the quests through from start to finish without glitches I will upload it.

Thanks for you interest.

this will make your spraypaint faded out in a realistic concrete-wear-and-tear fashion, making it look like its been there for a while, not just new and shiney and perfect and bright

But it is new and shiny and bright. The place is an occupied raider club house. Not everything in the world has to be 200+ years old. A raider has to do something when he isn't raping, murdering and cannibalizing.

Yes, but even still, it should not be that bright and opaque.

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear it BadPenney. For what it's worth I think this will be the best mod on here to date.

I expect that opinions will vary. Although making this sometimes drives me mad, I have enjoyed the process overall. If anybody enjoys playing it then she'll be apples.

this will make your spraypaint faded out in a realistic concrete-wear-and-tear fashion, making it look like its been there for a while, not just new and shiney and perfect and bright

But it is new and shiny and bright. The place is an occupied raider club house. Not everything in the world has to be 200+ years old. A raider has to do something when he isn't raping, murdering and cannibalizing.

Yes, but even still, it should not be that bright and opaque.

The Khans graffiti is the only one that I made from scratch, the rest are pics of murals painted on concrete in the real world. Most of the artists don't go for home decor blending.

http://www.graffiti.org/la/brase.jpg

Wow BadPenney I am almost literally speechless!

The videos you have provided are magnificent, the town looks extraordinary and the characters are also so vibrant.

At what point do the ending videos play ingame? Is it with the ending video of the vanilla game? I assume there will be no problems if I have Broken Steel installed?

Will there be anything to do in New Shady Sands after you have completed it? If not it's fine, I don't mind at all just dropping by for a visit.

This mod looks spectacular and I am really looking forward for it to be released! Awesome job! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words.

The ending videos play 2 game days after the completion of the final main quest.

If your character betrays the town in favor of the Khans, then all the residents die, so there is nothing much to do. I've thought about making follow up quests with the Khans if that happens (contract killings and such) but I will save those ideas for a possible add on mod later. If I keep adding things before release then I will never finish.

If you are a good guy for the town then there is one more mini-quest to do (with Summer) and the repeatable caravan quest can continue. The caravan quest is enabled after completing the second main quest for the Fargo Traders. The store, the bar and repair services will still be available as well. There are also some reward weapons and armour that can continue to be used after completing all the quests.

I can't say at this point if there will be conflicts with DLCs, because I'm not running any. I'm just trying to make sure that it is compatible with official patches. I've tried to avoid doing things that I am sure would conflict with other user mods, though I expect that is inevitable with some. Since the quests and the ending binks are not dependent on any vanilla quests, then Shady Sands should still work even if you are using the mod that let's you play after the main vanilla game is completed, I think. I have played through with characters from level 5 to 20.

I feel pretty close to completing this mod, though the closer I get to the end the slower it goes. Want to tie up any lose ends and make glitches minimal. Shouldn't be much longer though.