Mod Author Dilema

Shalandoriae

I've been updating a mod for my own personal use but wish to upload it to nexus to match my armor mod that I've got uploaded, but the author of the mod I'm updating hasn't been online since 15th October 2020 so I can't contact him, I sent him a couple of messages but hasn't been read, so would it be ok to upload it when I've finished it, as long as I give him credit for the textures I've used to start with, thought I'd ask as I don't want to get banned or suspended due to not knowing properly the rules of what I can or can't do?

The mod I've been using is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84835

If you can't get permission from the MO, and they didn't leave their permissions open, there's nothing you can do about it. The nexus policy is strict on this. In particular there's the case that Forsworn Legacy has never been ported. That's because the mod author passed away before SE came out, and he never gave anyone permission to port his mod thus no one can ever use his work on the nexus.

You can still use the mod yourself though, you just can't share it. If that really annoys you, you'll probably just need to get assets from elsewhere, or perhaps make your own if you can.