Dual Wield, or just Style

Gigashady

Something like that. It can be done with a bike because the bike doesn't jump, crouch, runs sideways or swims or anything like that. You see, the miniguns are just floating actors that are moved everytime the bike moves. But with the player you can't add a floating arm, nor you can align said arm with wherever the player's shoulder is because there is no way to know where is the shoulder at any given time.

You do know we've been asking for the ability to add new combat animations since oblivion (or since morrowind?), right?

oops I kinda forgot about that

o-well, but like I said, they did give us the geck

Ohhh! What if we make a mesh that is a body add-on that doesnt "really" jump, crouch, runs sideways or swims?

I also heard "invisible" meshes, if we create an invisible cube that the floating weapon can rotate to and can be wearable by the character, then it would work. Maybe?

Hahaha... Oh fun, If I only knew these things...

Ohhh! What if we make a mesh that is a body add-on that doesnt "really" jump, crouch, runs sideways or swims?

I also heard "invisible" meshes, if we create an invisible cube that the floating weapon can rotate to and can be wearable by the character, then it would work. Maybe?

Hahaha... Oh fun, If I only knew these things...

*Sigh* You still aren't getting it.

The one jumping, crouching and etc is the PLAYER. If you don't mach the firing node with the weapon, you'll find muzzle-flash and bullets coming out of 1 meter higher or sideways or from your ass instead of the gun. And no matter what you do, it will not fire towards the crosshairs 90% of the time no matter what you do.

The only way to make it match the player is to be a part of the player, specifically, the gun. Meaning you STILL need the animation with the arm outstretched for holding, firing and reloading. ALSO, since it's part of the player, no matter how many firing nodes you try to stick to it, only the first one will shoot, always. The only way to change this is to change the MESH of the gun in real time between two meshes each with a different firing node. WE LACK THE FUNCTION TO DO THAT.

Be better to have your character fire ass grenades.

As i said several posts ago:

Actually, with current fose, it is not possible to do.

1) you cannot add new shooting animations, or holding animations, or reload animations, or aim animations, or putting away/drawing animations, only replace (meaning you'll screw something in the process of adding the dual wield).

2) you cannot have 2 "firing nodes". The game will only recognize 1, and will only shoot from 1. Meaning muzzle flash and bullets will only come from the first firing node found. The only way to bypass this is to change the model in real time after each shot, this would be very resource heavy for machineguns, and it cannot be done with current fose.

The only dual wielding currently possible without screwing anything, is dual melee weapons with a shape and grip that would look good with h2h fist animations.

• 1 year later...
Well, I think dual wielding is completely possible, you don't HAVE to have 2 firing nodes, nor do you need to switch firing nodes, all he is asking for is to be able to *hold* two guns at the same time and aim them at the same time. It's not like he is asking for a full on dual wielding perfection. And if he is able to live with the imperfections then it's a very positive yes, it can be done with animations, it just won't be perfect.