considering a new mouse. got a few in mind. opinions?

Weighing in on this thread, even though you have made your purchase, so other people can get a chance to read it. :smile:

I have owned dozens of mice in my lifetime. In my personal experience, Logitech mice have always been more durable than Razer mice (I do not hate Razer and own a keyboard from them that I love). They have also honored warranties a lot better than razor has when things go wrong. That being said, I have had a lot of issues with logitech mice. I do not think their quality matches their price, and I find myself surprised that people talk about how great their mice feel, wondering if those people have ever used anything really amazing. This isn't a diss on them, they do fit people who have a certain grip style, and perhaps it is not mine. I have not used the new G500s yet, but I went through four G400 (RMA) in a single year.

The best mice I have used have been Steelseries. They last, they are customizable to a T and they feel good in almost anyone's hand. The downside is that a lot of their mice are not weighted. The choice is probably between Steelseries and logitech, if you are looking at mice. There's the RAT, which has mixed reviews (some love it, others do not). Corsair mice I have never had any luck with. The Zowie is an underperformer. Anker, Perrix and ROCCAT have been steadily gaining traction and caught my attention. All three have mice that are lovely to use.

The bottom line, and the most important thing to remember when shopping for mice is to note your mouse brand's reputation for durability, and no matter how well reviewed a mouse it is, do not buy it if you don't LOVE it when you try it out. If you are thinking "this is a mouse, I could use this" and now "this feels like baby jesus in my hands" it is not the mouse for you.

• 4 weeks later...

i just wanted to post that i finally got my mouse. didnt buy it as soon as i had wanted, instead got it on Cyber Monday for $20 less (still $60 though lol) and while ive only been using it since today, so far i love it. it feels amazingly comfortable in my hand. the buttons press easily and are easy to find, but i couldnt ever see myself accidentally pressing them. the 3rd G-Shift button has cause no problems, in fact it acts as a nice ring ringer rest. i have smallish hands and i can reach every side button easily, and easily find which ones i need. my pinky doesnt drag, but hangs on the side instead, but thats more attributed to my smallish hands more so then the design of the mouse.

ive been playing GW2 all day with it, and set up several of the buttons in it replacing my 6-8 keys on my keyboard (rather being an alternate to them) adding in target switching to one of the side keys, as well as a button for Vent. and i find it all easy ti use, granted im not used to having all those buttons, so i find myself not clicking the replaces 6-8 keys and still clicking them manually on screen with my mouse, but eventually, once i get used to having them there, i hope to be able to stop manually clicking attacks on screen, and use my mouse instead

ill say this mouse is slightly expensive at a regular price of $80. im glad i got it on sale. i like the LEDs, they can be any color and have multiple settings. they match my Corsair K90 quite beautifully. the software is relatively straightforward. i have my DPS settings adjusted, and have two of the buttons designated to switching between those. not that i ever switch. im not super picky with DPS settings, nor mouses in general, but im very happy with this so far, and as the original debate, id choose this over Naga any day, as i had said after being able to hold them both.

deff a +1 for the Logitech G600 mouse. (btw i came from a Lofitech G500)

i like the LEDs, they can be any color and have multiple settings. they match my Corsair K90 quite beautifully. the software is relatively straightforward. i have my DPS settings adjusted, and have two of the buttons designated to switching between those. not that i ever switch. im not super picky with DPS settings, nor mouses in general, but im very happy with this so far, and as the original debate, id choose this over Naga any day, as i had said after being able to hold them both.

deff a +1 for the Logitech G600 mouse. (btw i came from a Lofitech G500)

Did you get the Logitech G600 MMO, or the Logitech G602?

Also, is orange a color option for the LEDs?

G600. and yes. that was the first color i set it too haha, its my favorite color....if the LEDs on my K90 were RBG, everything would be orange. my case lights and now mouse both have RBG lights. the one Con to my K90 keyboard. its gotta be blue.

G600. and yes. that was the first color i set it too haha, its my favorite color....if the LEDs on my K90 were RBG, everything would be orange. my case lights and now mouse both have RBG lights. the one Con to my K90 keyboard. its gotta be blue.

I'm going for an orange color scheme on my PC, mostly because almost nobody has that. The most common colors seem to be red and blue. It is hard to find good case fans with orange LEDs though...

I use a Logitech g510 keyboard, so the backlit keys can be set to any color. :s

yea, orange was my original want, but like i said, K90 keyboard is blue only. when i was first building my PC i hated blue. but now its kinda grown on me.

you can get RBG fans, but youre better off getting RBG LED lights. i have this and i like it. i like the front controller. i couldnt find anything that let me change lighting via software. the front panel is very slim too. was designed to fit behind the NZXT case doors on the Phantom and kin, so they dont protrude much at all. the strip is plenty long too, goes around my mid tower almost 1.5 times.

if you really want orange fans though, id recommend these. but id still choose the RGB LEDs over fans. its nice to have the option to change colors.

then theres Bitfenix LED Lights. and a review so you can see them around @19:00 he talks about the red ones and around @25:00 he talks about the orange. and youll see the previous mentioned fans really quickly too for each color.

oh and ofc on top of everything, the h100i is RGB customizable too, for the little light it has. which is nice.

hope that helps some :smile:

EDIT: just looked on newegg, the h100i is out of stock (probably indefinitely) seems its been replaced by the h110. havent looked into it, so idk if its little LED is RGB as well, but my assumtion would be yes........and a quick seach revealed that the H110 has no LED lighting and no software (unlike the H100i) and is bigger 280mm vs 240mm. just as an fyi to anyone reading lol.

Edited by hoofhearted4

I got a G700, and I like it pretty well. I got mine online when it was on sale. I wouldn't pay $80 for one, and I got one for $60. They're worth $60, but not worth $80.

I don't think I'd buy a g700, functionally it seems to be trading blows with a g602, but for a higher base price.

Edited by Rennn