As of today's date, November 15th, 2013, the mec ability description when picking electro pulse for a paladin tier upgrade is mislabeled to indicate that it stuns organics and damages robotics.

Upon using it in combat when surrounded by some mutons who's rank I no longer recall, I didn't receive a bunch of sleepy mutons as advertised, but a bunch of dead ones. I can see why, from a gameplay standpoint, this would not have stunned them, as that would have netted me some serious plasma level artillery, however the issue remains, I chose the ability for this paladin for the purpose of stunning a passel of grouchy aliens and getting revenge for all of those anal probes.

Some things I might like to see come of this request:

The ability does damage to all targets in range, but stuns instead of killing when health would be depleted by it.

-Or-

The ability overloads weapons, forcing them to be reloaded before fired.

-Or-

Organics in range suffer an effect similar to strangulation called fibrillation.

Edited by Jeffman12

...revenge for all of those anal probes.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day, and I was on reddit for a *gang* of time :D

Thanks for the intel, debating on this choice with my first T3 MEC.

Also, those are some cool suggestions, I would post those in the mod forums - hopefully the MEC abilities are moddable in the way that the soldier's abilities are.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...