A wild Beard Clipping has appeared!

nightmarezone

Hello all,

This isn't what you think - the beard clipping isn't in character creation or Racemenu. Hear me out:

So, I make NPC overhauls. Up until today, I had zero issues with this. I've made dozens of mods. I have a separate profile in Vortex for testing so I can purge my usual load order to make sure that all the texture paths are good etc.

Today, after finishing making a mod, I went to test and hello - the men's beards are clipping through their faces suddenly. When they don't speak, they look normal. When they speak, the clipping occurs. And it's not a small amount of clipping - it's extremely noticeable and there's no way that I simply haven't noticed it until this point. I still play the game on and off.

My mods use: Expressive Facegen Morphs, Expressive Facial Animations (male and female).

Now, I did try enable and disabling each of these in turn. No luck.

- I tried with my usual load order - the result is the same.

- I tried reinstalling all of them. Still clipping.

- I checked the .esp and the asset files. Nope. No problems there.

- The problem exists on my older mods too, even though I know they were working perfectly fine before.

- I just installed someone else's mod to see if it was a problem with my mods but no, it's still clipping.

I'm a bit stumped. Any ideas? This problem literally came out of no where, I presume from purging and deploying my mods for a test. I can't think of any other mod I use or have previously used that would screw up the beards/faces this badly. My load order hasn't changed. I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Bettie

• 1 year later...

Hi Bettie,

I'm having this issue and your post is the only thing I've been able to find that seems to match the description of my problem. I realize this was a year ago, so I'm wondering if you may have found a fix to the issue by this point. The glitch is driving me insane. Please reply if you have or haven't either way.