Odd graphical quirk with new version of Skyrim AE

RatB0Y68

A while back I updated my Skyrim SE installation from v1.5.97 to v1.6.640. I then downgraded it to v1.6.353 so I could try the new Elden Souls style combat mods.

I installed the following new mods & their corresponding dll plugins:

-TrueHUD.esl

-TrueDirectionalMovement.esp

-Precision.esp.

-Attack_MCO.esp

-scar-adxp-patch.esp

-MCMHelper.esp

-ValhallaCombat.esp

I also updated several existing plugins, such as:

-RaceMenu

-EngineFixes

-PapyrusUtil & ConsoleUtil

-DynamicAnimationReplacer

-ENBHelperSE & ENBHelperPlus

-MfgFix.

All my plugins are either updated to current version or version independent. Amazingly it all mostly works, but for one slight bug.

Basically, when outside, my player character's specular maps, environment maps & cubemaps usually stop working. Skin, weapons & armour become dull. However, it is only my player character & then only exteriors. Interiors aren't affected. Sometimes after travelling long & far enough, they start working again.

My ENB & Reshade setups remain unchanged through the update. Also, I have found the bug persists on earlier saves without the ENBHelper dlls or TrueHUD installed, so I don't think they're the culprits despite being the most obvious suspects.

Has anyone else experienced this or has any idea as to the cause? It isn't game-breaking & I'm tempted to just tolerate it until I can update all my plugins to v1.6.640 proper, but I can't do that yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.