Stop the Begging!

RhaevynHart

I will probably get hatemail for this, but it's been bothering me so much of late I had to come write this.

People... I get it. With AE out, the community split on what version of the game they play or want to play, it makes things confusing, and confusion leads to frustration. But for the love of the gods, stop taking it out on the MOD AUTHORS!

Every mod I go look at invariably has multiple posts with variations of "OMG I need update -you need to update! - this doesn't work for x version, please fix! - update please?" and so on. First of all, mod authors are aware of the game updates. The ones that are around at any rate. And I'm sure they want to offer compatible versions of their mods on the Nexus. Filling up their posts with begging only adds stress. Who wants to create in that environment?

They know.

They need time to work on it.

Secondly, understand this: The only mods that need to be of a specific game version are the ones that contain DLLs. That's it. Any other mods that work for Skryim, Skyrim Special Addition, or Skyrim Anniversary Editon, only need to be compatible with the game you use: LE, SSE or SSE AE. Go through your load order. If you use MO2 there is an option to show "Content" which will allow you to find all the mods that contain DLLs. And, as stated, those are the only ones that require specific game and SKSE versions.

Just try and imagine yourself as the author of a mod that is popular. Imagine going to your mod page and seeing nothing but people "reminding" you that you need to update your mod. Constantly. Multiple times. Daily. How would that make you feel? Just think on that please before you join the bandwagon of needy whiners. Remind yourself this is a game you play for entertainment, relaxation, escapism, what have you. These mod authors make this s#*! for FREE. They are literally using their amazing talents, spending their precious personal time, and giving it away!

Mod Authors' Lives Matter!

Guest deleted34304850
Just try and imagine yourself as the author of a mod that is popular. Imagine going to your mod page and seeing nothing but people "reminding" you that you need to update your mod. Constantly. Multiple times. Daily. How would that make you feel? Just think on that please before you join the bandwagon of needy whiners. Remind yourself this is a game you play for entertainment, relaxation, escapism, what have you. These mod authors make this s*** for FREE. They are literally using their amazing talents, spending their precious personal time, and giving it away!

it would make me lock down new posts on my mod pages, block everyone who sent me a "reminder" and dig my heels in and fix up anything i'd published in my own time. i'd also block everyone who sent me a DM.

but that's me.

wow dude you need a time out your

Just try and imagine yourself as the author of a mod that is popular. Imagine going to your mod page and seeing nothing but people "reminding" you that you need to update your mod. Constantly. Multiple times. Daily. How would that make you feel? Just think on that please before you join the bandwagon of needy whiners. Remind yourself this is a game you play for entertainment, relaxation, escapism, what have you. These mod authors make this s*** for FREE. They are literally using their amazing talents, spending their precious personal time, and giving it away!

it would make me lock down new posts on my mod pages, block everyone who sent me a "reminder" and dig my heels in and fix up anything i'd published in my own time. i'd also block everyone who sent me a DM.

but that's me.

wow your just pissing off every one to day aren't you ? bad mood? maybe you need a time out from the forms your cranky think you should go out side get some fresh air ....... before the mod's ban you

wow dude you need a time out your

wow your just pissing off every one to day aren't you ? bad mood? maybe you need a time out from the forms your cranky think you should go out side get some fresh air ....... before the mod's ban you

Before I throw a dictionary at your face...

1ae0bfb8 would have every right to do that on his/her own mod page. You, Shaun0057, have obviously missed the entire point of my post.

Shut the hell up and get back in that Dwemer engineering room and make us those mod versions.

Hehehehehehe!

Why did I suddenly picture you wearing a wife beater stained with beer? ;)