Skip the Civil War? Murder Ulfric yourself?

Deleted6573592User

I've been playing Skyrim now since 11.11.11 and I've always thought the Civil War could be done on your own if you're strong enough and just barge into the Palace of Kings and murder Ulfric.

This is a request to make that a viable option.

He murdered the High King in a similar fashion so why not let him taste his own medicine?

I'm sure the Civil War can be skipped with Console Commands or something similar but it's not quite as rewarding. So that's my request ^^;

Becoming the High King is great I'm already using it but it's not exactly the same.
Thanks for the suggestion though. p:

And Reyzark, that's kind of what I meant.

Have a one-on-one fight with him and the winner decides the fate of Skyrim.

It's boring doing all the shitty pointless taking over crap over and over again.
It doesn't feel rewarding or fun after a while.

I understand what you're on about. There are some things in the game that feel like they're just there for ceremonial importance. I like how in the Dark Brotherhood, there are polar opposites to what you do, destroy it or make it. Although it feels like a polar opposite, the Civil war actually funnels you into doing things in a rather preset, scripted way. It would be amazing if events unwrapped around you and you could chose to either do it, or not.

Take example of the main quest. Imagine if you could not go with Delphine and you had to go out into the world, find the scrolls, find the people yourself, no official quests, but the resources were just out there and you had to track them down, no scripts just searching and academic countenance with fights in between.

Then imagine the civil war, imagine if that just happened like in CWO, but on a larger scale. Battles, fort take overs, politics, all occur in a dynamic manner, occurring randomly as the generals of each respective side decide to in game. Imagine if you could just one day come into one of either sides and kill one or both leaders or none and make your own faction. I suppose I'm getting off track, I just wish Skyrim was more dynamic and reactive to the player so that not every thing revolves around you.

I understand what you're on about. There are some things in the game that feel like they're just there for ceremonial importance. I like how in the Dark Brotherhood, there are polar opposites to what you do, destroy it or make it. Although it feels like a polar opposite, the Civil war actually funnels you into doing things in a rather preset, scripted way. It would be amazing if events unwrapped around you and you could chose to either do it, or not.

Take example of the main quest. Imagine if you could not go with Delphine and you had to go out into the world, find the scrolls, find the people yourself, no official quests, but the resources were just out there and you had to track them down, no scripts just searching and academic countenance with fights in between.

Then imagine the civil war, imagine if that just happened like in CWO, but on a larger scale. Battles, fort take overs, politics, all occur in a dynamic manner, occurring randomly as the generals of each respective side decide to in game. Imagine if you could just one day come into one of either sides and kill one or both leaders or none and make your own faction. I suppose I'm getting off track, I just wish Skyrim was more dynamic and reactive to the player so that not every thing revolves around you.

i know what you mean, after a while it really gets jarring being the only person on the continent to actually -do- things

that being said ive always liked the idea of staging a coup in one of the factions or cities, probably can't be done though

Pretty much, I just want real life, except im the Dragonborn and its Skyrim and Skyrim and magic and dragons are real and CTD doesn't exist. Ok, I just want to live in Skyrim.

I lied, I actually want chicken nuggets, but you get the idea

I agree... More to the point, I don't really like Ulfric at all, and feel that an assassin's (or, if you've gotta be a REAL Nord, a challenger's) blade is the best possible answer to him. After all, he's (a) a murderous idiot (if he had ASKED King Thorygg to work with him, dude would've agreed!) (b) a racist douchebag (what if the Dragonborn is a Dark Elf? Huh? What then, Ulfric, what then!?) and © a deep cover Thalmor agent.

That would actually be a great add-on to the DB questline, now that I think about it. I mean, you've just killed the Emperor, so what would the Council want next? An end to this pesky little internal conflict brewing in one of the Empire's most important (I think?) regions.

Kinda the opposite direction, i know. but your main problem is that the civil war didnt feel rewarding, but more of a hassle. correct?

So have you tried this ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37216/? ) i know its the opposite of what you requested. but it does make the whole civil war experience feel less monotonous

Edited by blackrose86