1stjer

Can someone please make a mod that allows you to place all items in your ingredients inventory into a satchel??

you can take all items from any chest. this is okay with me but it takes wayyy to long to place all your ingredients into a satchel. would be awesome to press take all, make the potions. then place all. maybe when opening a satchel and it has a "t button" which places all ingredients into sachel.

• 3 weeks later...

idk about a satchel, but there's a mod that allows you to use any container as a semi-automated depository. You can even link the container as a resource for crafting tables, thereby directly reducing the need to carry associated ingredients, ore, metals, soul gems, gems, vegetables, shrooms, etc (even to multiple crafting tables afaik), at least in areas you've set up for using the mod. (I have two favorite player homes where I've set it up, but one is the one where I do my bulk crafting sessions. it has all the tools, and it has plenty of containers to assign for resources and depositories fro dumping my collected inventory. I've found it very useful for alchemy, cooking, and smithing especially. Really helps for quickly dumping excess personal inventory too. (ex: the half dozen draugur weapons I picked up in that ruin, or the iron swords that routinely pop up on dead bad guys, or all that excess armor I absent mindedly loot from their corpses, or the excess bottles of low-level health potions, etc.)

Automatic Item Storage

IF the satchel is something like one of those "i'm a container unto myself" backpack thingies you can get, (I've never had one), it's maybe possibly possible you could use it in the same way on the satchel/backpack itself. I doubt it, since it's a wearable item rather than a trad chest/urn/etc container. but fwiw...

good luck!

There are quite a few mods that offer various ways of transferring items for crafting (not just alchemy) to and from containers. The main issues are as follows:

• If a mod is to know in advance of crafting materials to transfer at the press of a button, then the mod must either reference each crafting ingredient and thus multiple patches for every mod that provides new crafting ingredients, or the mod must build the necessary lists of crafting ingredients as the player initially transfers the items into a designated container. -- I want to say that I saw an SKSE DLL plugin mod once that was supposed to resolve this. I forgot to track it or make note of it. Been unable to find it since.
  • As the number of ingredients (individual item types not quantity in a stack) to transfer grows, there is a greater and greater risk of stack dumps taking place. Each item added to or removed from the player inventory triggers the OnItemAdded and OnItemRemoved events. Any script on the player or alias pointing to the player that does not use an inventory event filter will try to run its code with each and every item. Get enough such scripts and the game will dump the stack. Should something important get caught up in that, there is a risk that something may end up "broken" down the road.
  • Crafting ingredients transferred into player inventory at the point of workstation activation will not appear in the menu. This causes all the craftable items to appear greyed out. A craft attempt must be made to refresh the display.

I tried to resolve those with my own Inventory Management System mod. An xEdit script allows one to pre-build the formlists with the appropriate objects as found in their current load order. A hotkey to trigger transfer when pointing at a specific workstation rather than when activating it. But despite multiple steps to prevent stack dumps, they can still happen depending upon what other mods might do. I can only prevent my own mod(s) from contributing to that issue.

If you want a UI button to deposit a specified category of items into the currently active container, that would most likely require an SKSE DLL plugin. Papyrus cannot handle that alone.

@anjenthedog

If AIS still uses a script on the workstation with BlockActivation in use, care must be taken. If the mod is removed mid-game and BlockActivation not reset, the workstation will cease to function. I encountered this issue back on LE. It is less of a problem when incorporated into a mod's specific workstations than when used on base game workstations.

@IsharaMeradin,

Thanks for the warning. TBH, I wasn't aware of that gotcha, but the way I add and remove mods.... Some mods I don't bat an eyelash at removing mid game. But the list of mods I consider purgeable doesn't include anything I consider "foundational", ie, engines, "ENB"-ish assets, function libraries, etc, which, if they pass testing (ie, they don't cause issues in game during the testing phase, I consider immutable and permanent feature changes., like updating USSEP or my Body physics. They never go back.

I'm curious. You mention "BlockActivation". I'll look it up but maybe you can expand on that a little if it's not a pita to chase. (ie how does one reset BlockActivation?). Not that I'm likely to be uninstalling the specific mod in question, but it might be valuable with something else along the way. Or push come shove, iff/when I uninstall this mod.

I presume you failed to manually reset the container/workstation linkage prior to the uninstallation? (*Not that I would have done any different, without knowing what I just learned from you). In fact, I suspect that something like that is why I suffer from my two main artifacts, the golden skin thing when swapping clothing, or my "Player gets lobster hands on cell changes" issue, acquired relatively early on when I was still naive and overwhelmed with skyrim's nuances.

In any case, good flag. Wasn't aware of the possibility of killing off a workstation crafting station via uninstalling ANY mod.

BlockActivation is a toggle function in Papyrus. It can be found on the ObjectReference script.

Basically, BlockActivation() disables and BlockActivation(False) enables.

I had used the AIS scripts to pull items from a designated container. The container was a "bag of holding" and so it needed to work with every workstation in the game. Hence the scripts were applied to the base objects. When a user decided to remove the mod, every workstation that they had interacted with ceased to function. Long story short, the activation had been left in the blocked state and could not be fixed without re-installing.

Well, I guess it's fortunate that I consider such mods permanent additions to my game. I have to presume that had said player unlinked the resources he or she might not have run into this issue, but if he or she literally linked the bag to every station, well, I can see where things went wrong.

I don't think it was intended to link storage (outside the direct personal inventory of a player) with workstations in different "geographic" locations. The way I use it, only local resources (ie storage containers) are linked to local crafting stations. And by local I mean very local, within the same compound. (I don't even link to local workstations if there's a cell change involved, ie on property but outside the home. won't link interior storage to exterior tools...frankly I'm not even sure how one does that (nor do I want to know, after hearing your tale of woe whoa!)

I generally carry incidental supplies for crafting in the wild, as I'm collecting the whole while I'm away from home, and never totally clear my personal inventory.

Frankly, it sounds to me like the player decided to game the mod. And failed undo his or her "gaming" of the mod prior to uninstallation. The most that would die in my game are the workstations at two locations, both being third party player homes. My own [philosophy is to game the game, not the mods.

Sounds like a suck situation for the unfortunate player.

In any case, thanks again for the warning. I've already modded the mod name (title) in my mod manager so that should I haphazardly decide to uninstall, at least there's a capitalized banner warning not to do so, and an expanded explanation to myself in the mod-notes entry (vortex).

TBH I only uninstall things when they don't work, I have not used their resources or added spells/whatever in a while, if what they bring to the table no longer interests me (quest mods often go that way... Hanging gardens, Clockwork, etc) or if I eventually run out of lower register addresses and need a lower register address for installing a given mod. I still have 40 open low-register slots, with a count of 510 active mods, so I guess I should start considering a new round of mod purges.