can i purge all links to a workbench in CK so i can delete it ...

greekrage

Im having a bit of a problem in the Nakano location so i try different scenarios and test...

Is there a way to purge all links to the workbench so i can delete it without deleting all the resources with it ? ( like the "select all linked references" )...

Reason is that i have a partial refusal to use certain cells by the NPCs as if they are out of the location and depending on the method i use they either use all the location and refuse to sleep or work and sleep but not on the whole location...

Method one.. The typical trigger box with link from workshop (workshoplinksandbox) ... use the whole location but they refuse to sleep..

Method 2 ... no sandbox trigger box but instead a xmarker linked as the box would be... Here they sleep and work just fine but do not use all cells...

The cells in question are the primary Nakano residence cells BUT all cells have been also linked to the same location that the Nakano cells belong to... so why do NPCs see those primary cells as invalid ?

Note: workshop is in the one primary cell (the boat house). Before that i had it in a new cell that was used when i first started the mod and created a new land mass... but had issues with the cells furthest away and those being the nakano cells.

The original setup had its own location data and zone map marker etc.. and all cells linked to the new location .

So i moved the workbench to a cell half way in between (yes i re did everything from scratch ) and then i started having the sleep issue even though the NPCs used the whole area for work and relaxation .

So i decided to use the Nakano residence location data to include the settlement keywords and edited the zone as well...(again everything from scratch )...

It all looked fine so i linked all the resources to the workbench and then i noticed that they didnt use 2 specific cells out of the 15 that is the location...and those being the 2 primary that the whole location is linked to...

This is as weird as it gets...how do all the other cells work and not those two when all cells are using the same location and zone ?

Method one.. The typical trigger box with link from workshop (workshoplinksandbox) ... use the whole location but they refuse to sleep..

Method 2 ... no sandbox trigger box but instead a xmarker linked as the box would be... Here they sleep and work just fine but do not use all cells...

Something might not have been set up properly. WorkshopLinkSandbox linked to a trigger box doesn't necessarily make settlers unable to sleep. Their sleep package tells them to find a bed near their "home marker". See the WorkshopParentScript:

; utility function used to assign home marker to workshop actor
function AssignHomeMarkerToActor(Actor actorToAssign, WorkshopScript workshopRef)
	; if sandbox link exists, use that - otherwise use center marker
	ObjectReference homeMarker = workshopRef.GetLinkedRef(WorkshopLinkSandbox)
	if homeMarker == NONE
		homeMarker = workshopRef.GetLinkedRef(WorkshopLinkCenter)
	endif
	actorToAssign.SetLinkedRef(homeMarker, WorkshopLinkHome)
endFunction

As for the home marker, the reference the WorkshopRef is linked to with WorkshopSandboxLink ("SandboxRef") is favored over CenterMarker. SandboxRef can be a trigger box though, see OberlandBuildableArea01.

If you stick with Method one, are you sure the trigger box's Collision layer has been set to "L_ActorZone" (Reference window >> Primitive tab >> Collision layer), its Primitive type to "Box" and is linked to the WorkshopRef with WorkshopLinkedPrimitive? (E.g., Oberland Station's WorkshopRef (Farm03WorkshopRef) is linked to the SandboxRef (OberlandBuildableArea01) with WorkshopLinkSandbox. However, OberlandBuildableArea01 is linked "back" to Farm03WorkshopRef with WorkshopLinkedPrimitive). If the settlers are just standing one in place at night, that most likely means their sleep package is active but they can't find the SandboxRef.

As an alternative, you can make a quest that fills the settlers to a reference collection alias. Add a custom "override" (quest's priority higher than WorkshopParent's) workshop sleep package to the ref coll and your settler will be able to sleep, depending on the custom sleep package. You may need to set up another quest (though a quest script should be fine too) that fills/removes the settlers to/from the ref coll OnLocationChange/OnLoad/OnUnload, etc. So, it's important to clear the ref coll once the settlers unload.

Edited by LarannKiar