Camp McCarran Crashing

Aerodude96

For some reason, everything I enter the main building at McCarran my game instantly crashes. I still have a few missions to do inside so it is kinda game breaking for me. I dont know if any of the mods I have downloaded is causing this, and the only saves I have are a few hours before I get up to McCarran. Anybody have the same problem or know what might be causing this?

I use to have crashes about every other time I would enter or leave camp Mcarran to or from the wasteland. I was using the large NMC texture pack and Ojo Bueno texture pack. I ended up getting so frustrated I reinstalled new vegas and completely rebuilt my data folder reinstalling every mod periodically running BOSS to make sure load order was right, and running the game after every 5th mod installed to make sure game was running with said mod installed. Anyway I also switched to using the small version of NMC texture Pack and Poco Bueno instead of Ojo Bueno texture pack. Now I have zero crashes anywhere, when I use to crash all the time when going through doors especially at camp McCarran. So my suggestion is to use smaller texture packs if you are using any or remove them altogether and also be sure to sue the 4gb exe. Also there is a mod called NVAC that is suppose to reduce crashing and I have been using it with success.

So in summary I would use the following to reduce crashes and increase performance:

-Smaller Texture Packs or none at all

-4 GB loader/exe

-NVAC

-Stutter Remover (will remove microstutter, be sure to open of the ini and change the max FPS from 30 to 60)

-Fake Fullscreen Game Companion (this helps a lot too with crashing and performance) (be sure to disable VSYNC it will not be needed if you are using the stutter remover as it caps FPS to 60)

-BOSS to sort out your load order

-FNVedit to create merged patches to fix conflicts with mods

All of this can be found here on the nexus.