ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Most efficient way to add the same property to many items.

AndreChau

Sorry if this is a dupe - I thought I posted this before but I cannot find the other post.

I know how to edit (in Fo4edit) an original esp to add happiness to one type of an item e.g. the minuteman mattress in Snapbeds.

I tried to find a guide on creating patches, but I haven't seen one. I would have thought creating a happiness patch in the CK would be easy. I imagined I would just select a group of furniture objects, right click, add property happiness, then type how much.

I am told it just doesn't work that way. You have to do the same thing over and over and over and you are editing the original esp.

Is that correct? Is there an efficient way using the CK (or FO4edit) to add a token amount of happiness to a patch for mods with many items like the Snapbeds one?

Imo that would be xEdit scripts. (Right click & "Apply Script...")

If you have some programming background, you could take the time to learn how to write your own scripts by using the <new script> template.

There you have some documentation: xEdit Scripting Functions | Tome of xEdit (tes5edit.github.io)

On the other hand, there is a collection of scripts, named Automation Tools, which can do that kind of task, the only drawback is that are a bit complicated to use for the first time, so you need to take some time to learn how to use them as well.

Automation Tools for TES5Edit at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

From this collection of scripts, I would suggest using AT - QuickChange.

Note that those scripts usually do the tasks relative to the selected records. There'll be tasks which can run globally, though.

Imo that would be xEdit scripts. (Right click & "Apply Script...")

If you have some programming background, you could take the time to learn how to write your own scripts by using the <new script> template.

There you have some documentation: xEdit Scripting Functions | Tome of xEdit (tes5edit.github.io)

On the other hand, there is a collection of scripts, named Automation Tools, which can do that kind of task, the only drawback is that are a bit complicated to use for the first time, so you need to take some time to learn how to use them as well.

Automation Tools for TES5Edit at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

From this collection of scripts, I would suggest using AT - QuickChange.

Note that those scripts usually do the tasks relative to the selected records. There'll be tasks which can run globally, though.

Thanks for that.

I was an entry level programmer three decades ago, but alas my abilities have long rusted, so i doubt I will be any good but "good enough" will have to do.