Toolboks mods for changing Zhang's class, and changing the number

FlyingHigh10000000

I can confirm that manual edit with HxD worked and Zhang had soldierClass = 4. No crash.

I tried manual edit with HxD too, changes could be seen in UE Explorer just fine, but game still crashed. Guess I'll have to take a closer look into it, there has to be something wrong, some little mistake of mine perhaps. :)

• 6 months later...

I got my hands on UPK files again and what a surprise, Zhang class part is different so this mod could use some update. Path remained the same, just HEX values are different.

0F 35 E0 03 00 00 E4 03 00 00 00 01 00 8A 02 00 00 24 02

Change "02" at the end of the line above to whatever class you wish.

I did not test it, but my game isn't crashing right from the start as it did with previous patch, so I guess it might work.

Edited by Tiress

Here's a mod you can use to change Zhang's primary stats. Just save this off into a TXT file and open it up with UPKUtils/PatcherGUI. I haven't played LW, so I'm not sure if this is changed there or not.

Search for the *** in the "AFTER_CODE" section. You can edit his class, rank, aim, will, hp.

MOD_NAME=Change Zhang's Class
AUTHOR=ProjectMercy
DESCRIPTION= Change Zhang's main stats before he's created. Will do nothing if
Friends in Low Places is already over. Search for "***" to find things you may change.

UPK_FILE=XComStrategyGame.upk
OBJECT=XGFundingCouncil.BuildMission:AUTO
[bEFORE_CODE]
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.soldierClass> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 24 02
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.SoldierRank> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 24 04
14 2D 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.bPsiGift> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 28
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.HP> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C 09
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.Aim> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C 4B
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.Will> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C 46

[AFTER_CODE]
// CustomSoldier.soldierClass = 2;
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.soldierClass> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 24
// *** Zhang's Class : Change 02 to 01 for sniper, 03 for support or 04 for assault

// CustomSoldier.SoldierRank = 4;
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.SoldierRank> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 24
// *** Change Zhang's starting Rank/Level. Change 04 to somewhere between 01 and 07

// CustomSoldier.bPsiGift = false;
14 2D 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.bPsiGift> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier>
// *** Set to 27 for TRUE, though he always ends up a PsiCandidate for me, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

// CustomSoldier.HP = 9;
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.HP> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C
// *** Change the 09 to how ever many starting HP you want. Avoid setting it larger than 30. Must be in Hex, so 12 HP would be 0C

// CustomSoldier.Aim = 75;
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.Aim> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C
// *** Change the 4B to whatever you want his starting Aim to be. Must be in Hex, so If you wanted Aim of 65, set it to 41
4B

// CustomSoldier.Will = 70;
0F 35 <XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier.Will> < XGFundingCouncil.TFundingCouncilRewardSoldier> 00 01 00 <.CustomSoldier> 2C
// *** Change the 46 to whatever you want his starting Will to be. Must be in Hex, so If you wanted Will of 40, set it to 28

Edited by projectmercy

Nice work. May I suggest adding version & patch compatibility information to the "description" section? It will save some inevitable questions.

If you would like, I'll be happy to make this into an article in the "XCOM Mods" category on the wiki. Then we can link it to the "DIY" article so it doesn't get lost when this thread scrolls. Unless you decide to post it to the Nexus, in which case we'll just link to it there.

-Dubious-

Nice work. May I suggest adding version & patch compatibility information to the "description" section? It will save some inevitable questions.

If you would like, I'll be happy to make this into an article in the "XCOM Mods" category on the wiki. Then we can link it to the "DIY" article so it doesn't get lost when this thread scrolls. Unless you decide to post it to the Nexus, in which case we'll just link to it there.

-Dubious-

Please do with it whatever you feel would make it more useful. You're welcome to swap attribution to yourself also.

If anyone cares, I will be releasing a set of mods soon called "Soldier Bootcamp", amongst other things; it will include two mods, one for making the Custom/DLC characters with stats per Not Created Equally (another of the mods overloads what that means) and a second that will hardcode their movement so they're totally stagnant. I hadn't thought about adding in a class randomizer, but honestly I think that might also be cool, so maybe I'll have a 3rd option for that.

Edited by projectmercy