Male Full Body Mesh

Ok guys I really need some help here. I downloaded Robert2's MaleFullbodyV37z download. The only problem is that I have no idea what to do from here :confused:

This is my first mod, so all I have in my Oblivion\Data folder is what came with the Oblivion game disc. I have NO idea what I'm doing :wallbash: so step by step instructions would really be helpful :biggrin:

I might add that Roberts Read Me is quite instructive.

Also - Robert includes an archive invalidation with his mods.

This is because they go back a few years. Currently there are

better methods of archive invalidation . One good method is with

Oblivion Mod Manager which can be set up to do the Archive Invallidation

automatically on closing the program.

It may be there is something you prefer about the v3, but I might mention

there is also a v4.

• 2 years later...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14942

This mod instruction installation is so freaking confusing. I've read the readme file like two dozens of times and I still get the same error.

The torso body disappears when I get put on clothes. When I take off the shirt it's ok, I can see torso.

And also I get this strange glitch with the eyes. When at the beginning of the game Emperor spoke to my character, he did not have the eyes. How to fix that?

Can someone do installation for me? I will upload the texture and meshes folder and I would very much appreciate if someone would do the installation for me. :-3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0vn7y7

Stay away from any approach to Archive Invalidation based on the file "ArchiveInvalidation.txt", whether manually adding entries into it (as still instructed by some antiquated readmes) or letting OBMM or Wrye Bash do this automatically on button click or closing. This file itself has never worked reliably to begin with, no matter how it was created.

The only sane way to Archive Invalidation (in my opinion at least) is the so called "BSA Redirection" approach, as achievable through OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities (just keep default settings), Wrye Bash's installer tab (at least I think it was there) or the famous mod "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!". They all do the same, add an empty dummy BSA into your data folder and modify your Oblivion.ini so it gets used where previously the textures BSA was used, so it's now the only BSA requiring invalidation, and due to it being empty now no Archive Invalidation will be required ever again (unless your Oblivion.ini gets altered and the changes undone, of course). "But" by all means take care you remove any and all left-over "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" files found in your folders, or you will end up telling your game to invalidate files which aren't inside the BSA anymore to begin with and this will cause multiple random issues.

If you're additionally on Steam even, also click "Reset BSA timestamps" in the same dialog once, to fix the erroneous file dates of the BSA files coming from Steam which otherwise prevent any replacer-type mods from working ever, or use a file redating tool for this purpose.

As for bodies not being right while wearing items from the original game, this is a common issue, often ignored and underestimated, but in Oblivion technically there's a body in every clothing, and you will change your body to the body inside the clothing while you wear it. Wearing items from the original game you will revert your body back to the original meshes and these will of course not work with the textures from the body mods, causing purple, pitch black or invisible meshes, sometimes even the whole clothing item will disappear along with your body.

To fix this one has to download and install so-called "Stock or Overhaul Clothing And Armor Repacers", which will replace the NIF files of the offending items so they now contain proper body meshes fitting the body mod of your choice.

For the glitch with the eyes, you aren't by chance using "both" plugins coming from this mod at once? They're meant to be used instead of each other, for compatibility to the cosmetic mod included in the filename of the compatibility plugin "Beautiful People". So if you're using BP, by all means only use the BP-compatibility plugin from Robert's Male V4. If you're not using BP, then don't touch it! Having both active at once is known to lead to the missing eyes, as will using the wrong one.

To fix this one has to download and install so-called "Stock or Overhaul Clothing And Armor Repacers", which will replace the NIF files of the offending items so they now contain proper body meshes fitting the body mod of your choice.

Is this file that you mean or this?

For the glitch with the eyes, you aren't by chance using "both" plugins coming from this mod at once?

I can check it if I'm using two plugins at once in Oblivion Mod Manager? It seems I do not use two plugins at once.

I attached overview from my Oblivion Mod Manager just to be on safe side.

The one is what you will need when using Exnem's Female Eyecandy body replacer, the other for Robert's Male V4 Muscular. There are other alternatives, especially for Robert's there's a bunch, one for everybody's taste likely, but every one of them serves its purpose.

They're also only affecting the items from the original game. You will need additional ones for Shivering Isles items, for example, or some of the big overhauls.

That mod list looks pretty basic. I can't see a direct cause for the missing eyes here. What's this Vtoy.esp doing?

So if you're using BP, by all means only use the BP-compatibility plugin from Robert's Male V4. If you're not using BP, then don't touch it! Having both active at once is known to lead to the missing eyes, as will using the wrong one.

Do not use that plugin even if you're using BP. That compatibility plugin is for older version of BP, which uses different eye mesh paths. Unless you installed Elaborate Eyes as well, you will have missing eyes problem. The best way is making a merged patch, such as Bashed patch.