Can't buy or sell items to some people

jetex1911

Whenever I try to buy or sell something, the people I speak to say their dialogue...but never give the menu up. It seems that this only happens to certain dialogue, such as "Most may call this junk, but me? I call them treasures," while others, such as "Take a look." are giving the menu. This is getting very annoying, because for some merchants, such as Tonilia or Eorlund Gray-Mane, I can't even buy or sell from them, because they only have one dialogue when you get the menu up. If anyone has a solution for this, please tell me.

• 4 months later...

Sometimes this problem occurs to me. What i've done to fix it is just discuss with that one available topic and listen to it all the way through.

It may load up or not. Another fix is to try and talk and if no option to buy shows up, leave, run into them, (push them) and try again.

You may also want to try Fus-Ro-Dah-ing them but that will obtain a bounty. This is fairly common with my gameplay's

but ramming the npc seems to work. I think it is a script lag or something.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a very old topic, but I ran into the same issue in Skyrim SE and I have fixed it in my game and I cannot find other posts where this issue is solved.

As described, when selecting "What have you got for sale?" in the dialogue option, the NPC would say their response line and then NOT open the barter menu.

I tried the previously suggested ideas such as pushing the NPC back and so on, but it didn't work.

I figured out that (in my case) it was most likely being caused by RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul for Skyrim SE. I have disabled said mod and now the barter menus are back.

I hope this helps others who have run into this problem.

Edited by viviandiana

• 5 months later...

I know this is a very old topic, but I ran into the same issue in Skyrim SE and I have fixed it in my game and I cannot find other posts where this issue is solved.

As described, when selecting "What have you got for sale?" in the dialogue option, the NPC would say their response line and then NOT open the barter menu.

I tried the previously suggested ideas such as pushing the NPC back and so on, but it didn't work.

I figured out that (in my case) it was most likely being caused by RDO - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul for Skyrim SE. I have disabled said mod and now the barter menus are back.

I hope this helps others who have run into this problem.

Thanks viviandiana! Encountered the same issue too.