Request: Companion Balance

Beyonder

I tried to do it myself, and disabling the Restore life and AV scripts is easy but I can't seem to get the bed script no matter what, tried doing something similar to the mutation and solar power perk effects but had no luck

My Request is this:

The Vanilla Companions are kind of overpowered, especially in the very hard difficulty where it takes a insane amount of damage to kill them, kind of ruins the balance and fun of having companions imo.

Make it so that companions do not get their life and limb health set to 100% when the fight is over, and only set to 100% when the player sleeps on a bed.

Limbs and Health slowly regenerate(because it is annoying since you cannot heal your companions limb or heal human companions directly)

Thanks in Advanced

1) very hard is moronic and unrealistic, use hard or normal + difficulty-increasing mods instead. Smarter+More+Deadlier foes beats tank dumb foes any day.

2) For companion mods. Use the search function. There are plenty individual and rebalances and whatnot.

1) very hard is moronic and unrealistic, use hard or normal + difficulty-increasing mods instead. Smarter+More+Deadlier foes beats tank dumb foes any day.

2) For companion mods. Use the search function. There are plenty individual and rebalances and whatnot.

Hi, I don't understand the "Moronic and unrealistic" part, Very Hard Difficulty does the same thing as Hard and normal to a bigger extent, and I don't have troubles with the monsters and npc's, not sure how you came to that conclusion, (but it is kind of too easy to kill enemies on Very Hard using the plasma rifle I got form Replicated Man) but I do with the companions being godlike beings that instantly get to 100% life and limb condition when the fight is over.

2.Balancing HP is easy enough, I already did that, but I haven't seen a mod that makes it so companions heal when you sleep on a bed like the player does, and regenerate life, limb health or the combination of the two.

Hi, I don't understand the "Moronic and unrealistic" part, Very Hard Difficulty does the same thing as Hard and normal to a bigger extent, and I don't have troubles with the monsters and npc's, not sure how you came to that conclusion, (but it is kind of too easy to kill enemies on Very Hard using the plasma rifle I got form Replicated Man) but I do with the companions being godlike beings that instantly get to 100% life and limb condition when the fight is over.

Very hard pumps difficulty by giving mobs more hp. Companions are also multiplied by this.

Having to shoot a raider 20 times in the face with a .32 isn't "harder", it's just boring and stupid since they still fail to kill you, even more stupid when you look at your companion's now hypermultiplied hp.

Instead, making enemies more plentiful+deadlier, THAT's where the fun and the difficulty is. When you add mods that make it so you (and foes, and companions) die in 1-3 hits, and you're facing 3-5 times more foes as before, it becomes much more challenging and entertaining.

As a personal suggestion, change the dif to normal or hard and pump in MMM+FWE, and phalanx for companions.

Archived