We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Newbie mistakes

orctor

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was making the switch from morrowind to oblivion i kept jumping places thinking i wouldn't get hurt but i kept getting hurt. You know in morrowind you can fall for a while without getting hurt but jumping off a large rock in oblivion seems to do some pretty good damage...

I didn't know about the drop items feature at first, so when I got rewarded with the Kvatch Cuirass I had some hard troubles since I quicksaved before I realised the encumbrance and the last real save was a long way back... I think I was really pissed back then...

I stole a horse.

Went to Weynon priory and didn't know about horse vendors, horses are property or about Prior Maborel's generous offer.

Got there and thought "oh cool, horse!" and mounted it. Got chased by that dark elf and reloaded the game afterwards.

When I started playing I assumed Oblivion was just Morrowind 2.0 and I found a nice little dungeon that wasn't too far outside of one of the towns. I cleared it of bandits and happily set to work moving ALL my equipment, quest items, and various collectable loot into the few chests and corners in that mine, making it into my home of sorts (well, it worked in morrowind! You clear out a dungeon... it stays dead). So after 30ish days of ingame stashing, and many many overwriting saves, I returned to not only find bandits back, the chests respawned, and a strange "adventurer" NPC roaming around picking up the objects laying on the ground! I lost several nirnroots and a few other magical accessories to that, as well as a substantial amount of alchemical ingredients. It was very shortly afterwards that I shelled out for that little shack in the city.

I tried to take on the Imperial Legion with an rusty iron short sword (and died). I jumped of Skingrad bridge (and died).

Ah, to be a newbie...