Can I change the hand position on this spear?

darkthor73

So I'm trying to make a variant of the Cosmo Spear. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54314

I have succesfully changed some values in xEdit and modified the Texture with GIMP, but there is one last change that I can't seem to figure out.

I want to move the center of the spear model so that the grip point is lower on the shaft. I have tried modifying many values in NifScope, but nothing seems to change where the spear is held.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!

Edited by darkthor73

TBH, I never worked with spears. But a weapon is a weapon... The usual way would be to adjust the position of the mesh:

Right-click on the weapon's NiTriShape, choose "transform", then "edit". Now you can reposition the weapon. If you want to change where a weapon is held, you usually want to edit the Z axis. OFC it's a bit "trial and error", so you may have to change the values several times...

EDIT: Once you're satisfied with the position of your spear, you should also apply the exact same values to your blood mesh(es). Otherwise blood on the weapon may look odd.

Probably easiest option is via Outfit Studio.

In OS, choose Import from NIF.

Weapons are generally laid out on the ground along Y axis.

So you make sure to select all meshes, right-click, choose Move, and slide it along Y axis to desired position.

With all meshes still selected, choose Export to NIF.

TBH, I never worked with spears. But a weapon is a weapon... The usual way would be to adjust the position of the mesh:

Right-click on the weapon's NiTriShape, choose "transform", then "edit". Now you can reposition the weapon. If you want to change where a weapon is held, you usually want to edit the Z axis. OFC it's a bit "trial and error", so you may have to change the values several times...

EDIT: Once you're satisfied with the position of your spear, you should also apply the exact same values to your blood mesh(es). Otherwise blood on the weapon may look odd.

I have tried this, but it has the same effect as editing the Translation property in the Block Details, which does not change the position in-game.

Probably easiest option is via Outfit Studio.

In OS, choose Import from NIF.

Weapons are generally laid out on the ground along Y axis.

So you make sure to select all meshes, right-click, choose Move, and slide it along Y axis to desired position.

With all meshes still selected, choose Export to NIF.

I didn't know you could mod weapons in OS! This worked wonderfully! Problem solved :)