Who was I?(A courier quest mod)

theDemonJackal

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think voice acting would be a good thing but to keep it in the realm of possiblilty I wont shoot for voice acting just yet. For the moment the mod is a simple search and destroy set number of quests about the couriers past. Its about the man the players have made now in comparasion to how he was back then.

The courier is shown to be one lucky bastard when you consider the DLC Old World blues and being saved by victor. So might implement his strange luck into the mod somehow.

Right now I am still working on some dialogue for the characters themselves. As well as working on some other characters from the couriers past. Right now Im thinking about maybe one or two quests, however that could branch out into some other quest lines.

For the time being Im working on Marcel and Toothless Jacks relation to the Courier.

That works.

The Perk Lucky son of a gun.

Embracing that there is some kind of Luck on your side you decide that maybe you should take a little more risks in the mojave. You gain +2 Luck .

Its small but considering you get your brain removed and shot in the head I think it suits the whole layout.

See thats the idea except the G.o.t.e is based on the answers you give the men from your past. Here is the list of characters I have come up with who say they knew you. Your final perk is called Memory in which your choices will result in its effects.

Marcel- Depending on the choice of drink you will either not be addicted to it or not gain radiation from it. Having it been your drink of choice before you have gained an immuinity to it. So if its whiskey the effects are doubled and you wont be addicted to it.

Anyways. I have gotten more of the story to come up with but I already have an idea for some characters. Ill post what happens in Red Rock a little later today.

When you arrive in Red Rock Canyon you have to look around for an old man thats out of place(obvouisly) and talk to him. His name is Red Eye Jones and he is not a kahn. Talking to him leads to the next clue where Jack is and a little about the couriers past:

Red Eye: What the hell do you want?! Cant a man....

Re: 1. Listen here Jack..I want some answers!

2. Who do you think your talking to?

3. Im sorry but I am looking for someone.

Red Eye: 1. My names not Jack and....YOU!

2. YOU!

3. Well get a move on. I know nothing about...Its you.

Red Eye: Buddy! Its great to see you! What the hell are ya doing In the Mojave!?

Re:1.Vengence

2. Answers

3. A job

Red Eye: Uh-huh...Why ya looking for Jack?

Re: Marcel wants to get even with him...

Red Eye: Who the hell is Marcel?

Re: He says hes an old friend of mine...eh ours?

Red Eye: We never hung around with anyone named Marcel. Sure there was a Marcus and a Rachel but dont think we ever knew a Marcel.

Re: Really? Then how does he know about Jack? And me?

Red Eye: I dont know man. Maybe Alfonze can help ya? But be careful, hes not the most welcoming.

Re: Meaning what? Where is he?

Red Eye: You will see hehe. Hes up in Jacobstown and will be happy to see you. If anyone knows where Jack is its Al.

Red eye's character has the ghoul eye mod for his name sake. Also hes dressed in merc charmer gear. His appearence is similar to Jericho from 3.

If you talk to him after finding out where Al is then you can ask him why he calls himself red eye. To which he will ask if your blind or brain damaged.

Well Raz I love that idea. Especially if he says it in a way the player doesnt whether or not hes telling the truth or messing with him. Now the character of Alfonze is actually a paranoid ex desert ranger. A bit like John Malkovichs character in RED. He is equipped with rifle and despite only living in a tent on the mountains near jacobstown has set up bear traps surrounding his tent.