"Touching the Sky" renamed "Creation Club Cell" (1.5.97)

QaxeIsKaze

In SSE 1.5.97 (no mods) when I start the Dawnguard quest "Touching the Sky" (DLC1VQ07), my quest journal reads "Creation Club Cell" instead of the correct quest title and there's a prompt to Locate Auriel's Bow.

SSEEdit shows that the quest is indeed named "Creation Club Cell" name for the quest.

I thought perhaps that my Dawnguard.esm was somehow messed up, so I used the Depot Downloader tool to grab all game files for 1.5.97 from Steam. Same misnamed quest.

Questions:

1. Is this a known bug? If so, I'll report it to the folks at UESP.

2. Does this happen to any of you?

3. If you don't know the answers to 1 or 2, but you have 1.5.97 installed, would you be willing to check the quest name on your copy of Dawnguard.esm in SSEEdit?

Again, this is a no mods game. No SKSE64, no mods. I'm not interested in what other mods might fix, I'm specifically wondering if this is an actual bug in the Dawnguard dlc file.

Thanks in advance

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Dashyburn, when you loaded up Dawnguard.esm in Xedit, was USEEP present (loaded up together) ? If so, it may be something they fixed. If not, then ...then I don't know what. I will continue to be perplexed.

1Hat, I have heard of cells being incorrectly named "Creation Club Cell", but this was the first time I came across a quest being named so. Glad that it worked itself out in your case.

At the time of my post, I didn't have any mods, not even CC mods in my Data folder. No SKSE, no USEEP. Just Skyrim SE and the DLC. I own Skyrim AE but it was unticked in Steam, and not installed. Furthermore, the DLC and Update.esm files that I used at the time of this glitch, were the ones that came with 1.5.97.

UPDATE: I went ahead and updated my game to the most recent version, and THEN used Halgari's "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher" to bring the game back to 1.5.97. I ran the game, tested "Setstage DLC1VQ07 10" and "Touching the Sky" started up correctly without any Cretin Club nonsense.

Conclusion? Sorry to say that I don't know the cause of the glitch, but the Downgrade Patcher helped me out, so "Huzzah".