enbhost.exe loads infinite instances

Braescher

This problem is really annoying. Basically, whenever I open my game, it loads up the "enbhost.exe" program in a small box with this:

This is memory host process for ENBSeries modification and it
will be started automatically by the mod, do not run it manually

(copyright info and enbdev website)
[ Quit ]
-------------------------------

But it doesn't stop there, it opens multiple boxes of the enbhost. It keeps opening new boxes, and eventually I have to restart my computer to avoid a nuclear explosion. And my computer always says that it's overheated when I reset after this bug.

I googled and found two guys with this problem on the enb forums. But all that the boris guy says is that it is either related to SKSE or anti-virus/firewall. When actually it does have nothing to do with it because I have added enbhost to my exception lists (both firewall and anti-virus) and tried to run vanilla game without SKSE and the problem still persists.

Strangely, this happened before with me, then suddenly stopped happening. Now the problem has returned and I have absolutely no clue what to do since the last time I didn't sorted it out, I guess nature found a way and the problem was gone.

I haven't posted load order, papyrus log etc. because since the bug occurs before the game starts and it's related to enb only I'm not sure this info is required, if you people think it is required I'll post it.

Edited by Braescher

Both enbhost and skse have administrator rights. Here's my enblocal, it comes with Realvision ENB so enboost configurations are included, I'm running the lastest enb build aswell.

enblocal.ini

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=sweetfx_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=4096
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=true
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

Looks like I've found a fix. Apparently, Razer Comms messes with Skyrim. Since both ENB and Razer Comms uses "overlays", they conflict. Disabling Comms overlay on Skyrim fixed it. Anyway, before this topic is closed I would still like to know if my enblocal.ini could use some tweaks and if anyone knows about a "fix" that would allow me to use both ENB and Comms overlay. I just love Razer Comms.

• 5 months later...

Looks like I've found a fix. Apparently, Razer Comms messes with Skyrim. Since both ENB and Razer Comms uses "overlays", they conflict. Disabling Comms overlay on Skyrim fixed it. Anyway, before this topic is closed I would still like to know if my enblocal.ini could use some tweaks and if anyone knows about a "fix" that would allow me to use both ENB and Comms overlay. I just love Razer Comms.

how do i do that ? fix it " Disabling Comms overlay on Skyrim"?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I was reading this thread after having experienced the same glitch with enbhost, I noticed Razer Synapse (Razer's peripheral software) asking if I wanted to update at the exact moment I read the words "looks like I've found a fix". It's not Razer Comms per say, at least I don't have this installed.

Looking at my task manager, logic would suggest that RazerIngameEngine.exe and or GameScannerService.exe cancelled out enbhost.exe during Synapse's update operation. I am almost certain of this. If the glitchs comes back, I would try to uninstall all Razer software. This should fix it.