Call me greedy... XM109?

totenkopf6644

Alright, I admit I'm getting a little silly now. However, I have a morbid fascination with larger, overpowered sniper rifles. My latest obsession is the Barrett XM109 rifle. I know it's a little bit selfish, since I can't contribute anything to the modding community (I've tried, but I really don't have the patience for making new models) but I REALLY want this rifle.

Nah, the M82 is longer and a smaller caliber 12.7mm (yep, smaller) While the xm109 is shorter and is loaded with 25mm rounds

Oh, I was responding to Stealthic Khaos. I'm too lazy to hit "Quote" when my post is right below it.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh heh. I just feel a little silly changing Alexscorpion's gun to fire "HEAT" rounds that are actually just smaller nuke bullets when I know there's a rifle in development that's actually capable of firing explosives. And don't mention the AS50. I know it's an awesome gun, but it's not to my taste. I am a Barrett fan, and will remain one :biggrin:. Oh, and here's a picture of it if anyone feels a desire to make this thing.

My one other request is that the barrel be made longer so I have an excuse to give it a high velocity. Also, I don't like stubby guns :rolleyes:.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha Im amazed anyone remembered the ol' 109. Though I thought they never worked out the whole 'recoil is too great for any human' limitation... not that it should interfere, xD I love Barrett too ^_^... so someone make this!!! >=O!!!

Edit: Also, you forgot to mention not only is the 12.7x99mm NATO (More commonly known in the U.S. as the .50 BMG [browning Machine Gun]) smaller than the 25x59mm, but that the .50 cal is a Rifle round, where-as the 25mm is a grenade. xP

Haha Im amazed anyone remembered the ol' 109. Though I thought they never worked out the whole 'recoil is too great for any human' limitation... not that it should interfere, xD I love Barrett too ^_^... so someone make this!!! >=O!!!

Edit: Also, you forgot to mention not only is the 12.7x99mm NATO (More commonly known in the U.S. as the .50 BMG [browning Machine Gun]) smaller than the 25x59mm, but that the .50 cal is a Rifle round, where-as the 25mm is a grenade. xP

Recoil should be no problem when you have POWER ARMOR ;D