Project Flintlock weapons instead of bows for NPCs?

BronUiDrem

While playing Skyrim with the Project Flintlock weapons, I realized that if you are using a musket or a blunderbuss, the little people shooting at you with pointy sticks seem to be significantly less of a threat. I also realized the ranged combat could be really, really boring in Skyrim, because you are, in fact, shooting pointy sticks at each other that cause little reaction.

I have zero modding talent whatsoever, so I wish I could make this myself, but can't - but in any case, making it so NPCs could wield muskets and blunderbusses and the bloody grenade launchers rather than curved sticks with strings tied to them would probably improve combat, either just for me or for people who'd like the concept of storming a Stormcloak/Imperial fort with your Imperial/Stormcloak brothers shooting weapons that cause more effect than a quiet 'oof'.

Would this be possible?

Hi. As long as people have to upload my mod - like in this case you just need to edit/replace the .esp file - i'm okay with that. I don't do it myself because i'm no big fan of CK work - i prefer modelling. greetings

Edited by ghosu

Hi. As long as people have to upload my mod - like in this case you just need to edit/replace the .esp file - i'm okay with that. I don't do it myself because i'm no big fan of CK work - i prefer modelling. greetings

I've actually been working on a pet project of adding in those riffles (not replacing bows, just adding them as another option) I LOVE your mod, but the fact that NPCs can't/don't have them prevents me from using it. =[ I'm super picky about balance and fairness.

Pretty much my only modding talents are in in CK work, TES5Edit work, and texture editing. lol I'm not so great at making mods, just making them work in the game more smoothly, because I have OCD! XD haha

It's great to know your completely okay with that though, I might actually work on completing this project here soon then! Also, since I am a requiem user, I will likely make a requiem patch for your mod, and the version that gives the guns to NPCs, if you don't mind. ^_^ All of them would of coarse just be ESPs, requiring your mod to be downloaded!