Skyrim Se and Le main menu goes dim once the selections load

ldrifta

I apologize ahead of time if this has been answered in the past, countless google searches seem to get me nowhere other than adaptive brightness option which are for laptops only and I am using a pc with regular acer monitor, im currently at work but if specific model names and numbers are requires than i will happily provide that information when i get home.

So to get straight to the point whenever i fire up skyrim whether its SE or LE my main menu loading screen is nice and bright with the skyrim logo to the left, but once the selections load up like "continue", "new game" etc the whole screen goes dim, everything just gets real dark.. its possible im missing something completely obvious but i can seem to figure out the issue. Im 90% sure it does this even without any mods loaded so im just wondering is this normal or maybe i have a graphics card setting i need to look into.. no other game does this that much i can confirm.. its not a deal breaker but it just bugs me thinking im not getting as crisp of a visual for my game with all these fancy mods lol idk.. i feel like im doing something wrong here so if anyone can shed some light on the subject i will be happy to answer any questions you have and hope i can find some peace of mind to this whole thing haha

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds here!!

Edited by ldrifta

• 4 weeks later...