Open Community  ·  3 members

Anno 1800

Game not starting with modloader activated after GUI 16 load

badlands06

I had the same problem until XForce updated the ModLoader. Game was working with New World Rising. This evening I started the game from the Ubisoft Launcher, game starts, or at least begins to start loading then crashes. four times now.

Mosloader hasn't changed but any attempt to open the zipped file results in me being denied access to the file by Windows. Kinda stumped now. I've read somewhere that AV software is now seeing the modlaoder and its files as a Trojan.

I am using the latest Modloader files posted on the Spice It Up mods. One of the files shows version 0.9.4, and the other shows version 3.5.2. They work fine.

Also when playing most games, I always exclude the folders or drives where I place my games from Virus and Antimalware protection. Also AV software is way over protective anyway. I have been using the built in virus protection that comes with Windows 10 for several years with no issues.

I used to check my system with Malwarebytes every few months but now in the last 2 or 3 years I quit doing even that.