Legate Quentin Cipius won't talk to me... I can't continue Civ

DarthVanity

So this is my first character and I decided to save best for last... the Civil War quest! I've done the whole Main Quest, made plenty of quests so far, I have all DLC's and I've bought the game + dlc's, didn't download it from anywhere online.

I've delivered the axe back to Baalgruf and I'm supposed to speak with Legate Quentin Cipius to continue the quest... but he won't say anything relevant to the quest! He just says random things about the stormcloaks and beating their a**... lol is he mad at me? :P

I've tried loading an old saved file and going back to him... nothing.

I've tried removing all mods and go back to him... nothing.

I've tried changing clothes to Imperial armor (who knows, right?) ... but nothing.

I have all Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn patches and the Update all up-to-date, in case that's relevant... I've seen many people with the same error but I've seen no solution to my problem... This isn't just a small bug, I mean... this is a huge part of the story, it's the Civil War! :\

Is there any way to make to correct this with a mod? Or cheats? (without skipping the 'Battle for Whiterun' quest)

Please help :( thank you! :kiss:

• 9 months later...
Ive had this, i was able to semi-fix it by exiting the cell waiting/sleeping/save/loading, then re-entering the cell, sometimes it works for me, its usually just a load bug and detecting what stage you are in the quest... anyway hope it helps, if not, sowwy :'(

Ive had this, i was able to semi-fix it by exiting the cell waiting/sleeping/save/loading, then re-entering the cell, sometimes it works for me, its usually just a load bug and detecting what stage you are in the quest... anyway hope it helps, if not, sowwy :'(

• 11 months later...
Sorry about the thread necro, but I have the same issue, and using the console commands to skip quests doesn't do any good. When I try to bring the buggy quest to the stage of completion, it doesn't trigger the next quest. When I try to skip the Battle for Whiterun as well, it does work first, but when it comes to the next quest( Unification of Skyrim), "..." shows up instead of the title, and Tullius is unresponsive as well. I haven't downloaded anything that changes the Civil War( ending itis merely a way for my character to gain power and help bring down the Thalmor, which is her main goal, so the CW isn't as important in my story), the only thing that remotely affects it is the Become High King of Skyrim mod, and even when I tried loading the game without it, nothing has changed. I've made a couple edits in CK though, but they were made purely for learning purposes and on NPCs unrelated to the CW. I tried saving and loading, exiting, waiting a day outside, and then entering again, also tried cloning Cipiusand resetting his AI, as well as the recycleactor command( which, as it always worked on my PC, did nothing but turn him naked) , tried doing other quests, tried reloading the game without different mods, nothing worked. I will not reinstall and start new game, because I spent month on this playthrough, life's too short and I have work to do IRL. I do hope there is another solution.