Steel dagger sword greatsword texturing problems

dragonslayer2k12

I really hate that beth chopped the blades of these weapons in half with the uv maps because it makes texturing these weapons extremely annoying!

Getting my textures to line up juuuuuust right so there will be no line in the middle of the swords is almost impossible. I don't know how beth did it except they did the texturing from some overpriced software. Even modders like millenia with his weapon retexture project cannot escape the line in the middile as I can see it even with his mod. ONLY the default beth textures don't have a line in the middle and I have followed their lines to the letter and still get the line in the middle no matter what. Also the normal maps have pixelation from compression all over the place and it shows in game with custom textures.

The ONLY way to fix this is to run the meshes through 3dsmax or similar, stick the verts back together if they are separated so smoothing is not messed up on the blade and break down each mesh into three parts, blade hilt and handle so smoothing can be handled individually among those three parts for each sword AND each part would have their own texture but really hilt and handle could be on the same texture... then redo the uv maps for the blade parts so they are all together so no more line EVER.

The only problem to deal with after that is the normal map would have to be remade to match the new meshes so someone with something like mudbox or zbrush or someone that is really good at painting normal maps would have to do the normals for those three swords.

The four swords mod works like this and it works great no problems although the size of the blade texture is not square more like rectangle it only matters to console graphics not pc graphics since pc can handle it better so rectangle textures should be just fine.

I really hate looking at the default steel textures they are so incredibly ugly! They look like used up sandpaper with no reflections and don't look like steel at all. Even worse, the skyforge versions are exactly the same meshes and textures and it ruins immersion for companions quest line and the game in general.

I would ask or request someone to fix it but it is not something that would be done quickly and probably not on anyone list of things they want to do anytime soon anyway.

Looking for replacements on nexus the only thing that works good is the cyrodillic steel dagger and there is a shortsword by the same author but no regular sword or claymore. Who knows when the author will make the rest of if they will make the rest.

If anyone knows some good replacements for steel dagger, sword, and greatsword please post here. I could work out skyforge versions for myself I just can't stand looking at the defaults in game or modding them any longer and it is really ruining my game trying in vain to mod them myself. I suspect I am not the only one that feels this way since the game came out.