You need to see this mod... (and help me fix it)

Hello!

There's this mod I like for W3, there's really nothing quite like it. It's a tweaked version of ''FaceThem'' updated by a user for 1.22 on the mod's page. For years I wasn't sure where I found it but I kept it in my Google Drive and was glad that I preserved it. It worked up until 4.0 without any Issues and that's why I'm writing this.

Face them is (or was) a mod that made Geralt look at NPCs, items and points of interest when he's walking by them. It remedies Geralt's constant stiff-head behavior. There's are a couple of mods that work in a similar manner but this one is more simple. With the user-tweaked version you can control Geralts head by turning the camera, this also tilts his upper body a bit when done while running o sprinting which looks so much more natural. It's identical to what you can see in modern third-person games like GTA V and RDR2 and it works FLAWLESSLY in W3. It looks so good that I can't play without it...

Honestly, if more people knew about this it would be in EVERY modlist, it's that good.

So The Next-Gen update sadly made it incompatible... The commenter who posted the link to his Google Drive containing the tweaked mod hasn't been online in a while and I also tried contacting him to no avail.

I have the suspicion though, that it may not be so hard to fix. I don't know anything about scripting and the structure of W3 mods (I've only resolved some conflicts in ScriptMerger, nothing beyond that)

but based on its folder structure, it only edits the r4player.ws file and nothing else. Maybe there is hope?

Can someone who's better versed in this kindly take a look?

Heres the mod itself: https://mega.nz/#!V9JVBbaT!deoKi4j79glpWvMdvymX1e60gsABcjj8RuI6xaA6mdw

Ideally, if someone where to take a look and fix it for 4.0 OR tell me how I could do it myself I would be eternally grateful. Any help is apprechiated.

If you choose to take a look, I encourage you to try the mod, for me and my friends it's absolutely ESSENTIAL and it's baffling how no one uses it... granted, it's pretty well hidden.

Thank you for any help or tips and have a good one!

-Matt

And here is a ScriptMerger Compilation Error with ONLY Witcher 3 1.4 and the mod:

Error [content0]game\player\movement\locomotiondirectcontroller.ws(866): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\items\spells\quenentity.ws(78): Could not find function 'OnShieldHit'
Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1391): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\explorations\exploration_movement_system\exploration_substates\explorationstatejump.ws(612): Could not find function 'TryPetHorse'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(108): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(109): Could not find function 'SetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(126): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [modbettertorchesnextgen]game\player\playerinput.ws(605): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [modbettertorchesnextgen]game\player\playerinput.ws(2341): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(275): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(298): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(338): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(355): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(584): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleradialmenu.ws(765): Could not find function 'SetLastSelectedRadialItem'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1338): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1346): Could not find function 'SetExplCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1348): Could not find function 'SetExplCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1354): Could not find function 'SetCmbtCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1356): Could not find function 'SetCmbtCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1362): Could not find function 'SetHorseCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1364): Could not find function 'SetHorseCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1370): Could not find function 'SetSoftLockCameraAssist'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1372): Could not find function 'SetSoftLockCameraAssist'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1468): Could not find function 'SetLeftStickSprint'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1470): Could not find function 'SetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\vehicles\horse\states\exploration.ws(251): Could not find function 'GetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\vehicles\horse\states\exploration.ws(256): Could not find function 'SetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\horseriding.ws(389): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\dismountthevehicle.ws(82): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\dismountthevehicle.ws(82): Could not find function 'GetExplCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(66): Could not find function 'SetLadderCamReset'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(79): Could not find function 'GetLadderCamReset'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(87): Could not find function 'GetExplCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\mountthevehicle.ws(83): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
--------------------
Edit: some typos and wrong information / bare with me, I never posted on here before.
Edited by guandsleepingpills

• 2 weeks later...

I have basicly zero experience with modding but I think you just have to:

- get Notepad++ with compare plugin
- grab the new (pacht 4.0) version of r4Player.ws from "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\player"

- open both the old modded version and the new one in notepad++ and use Plugins, Compare, Compare

-> now you will see two types of differences

- the modifications the modder did, usually commented at the start and end with "//", in this case "//modFaceThem"

- the modifications CDPR did to the file since 1.22 or whatever version that was

You now want to copy over the changes the modder did over to the new file without breaking anything else. Sometimes this is easy and you can just copy over the block between the modders comment.

rGt2qg4.png

You dont want to copy over changes that are not marked by the modders comments because then you are basicly reverting the changes CDPR did to the file. (we are assuming/hoping that the modder commented every change he made)
t5itnnl.png

If there is an area that both the modder and CDPR modified then you need to merge the changes but this can be tricky without the background knowledge of the modder. So go throu the file searching for "//" and see if there are such areas first.

If all the modifications have been ported over to the new file you want to save it somewhere else (dont save any changes to the original file) and put it in the mod folder in the same subfolder.

Edited by daChoko

Hello!

There's this mod I like for W3, there's really nothing quite like it. It's a tweaked version of ''FaceThem'' updated by a user for 1.22 on the mod's page. For years I wasn't sure where I found it but I kept it in my Google Drive and was glad that I preserved it. It worked up until 4.0 without any Issues and that's why I'm writing this.

Face them is (or was) a mod that made Geralt look at NPCs, items and points of interest when he's walking by them. It remedies Geralt's constant stiff-head behavior. There's are a couple of mods that work in a similar manner but this one is more simple. With the user-tweaked version you can control Geralts head by turning the camera, this also tilts his upper body a bit when done while running o sprinting which looks so much more natural. It's identical to what you can see in modern third-person games like GTA V and RDR2 and it works FLAWLESSLY in W3. It looks so good that I can't play without it...

Honestly, if more people knew about this it would be in EVERY modlist, it's that good.

So The Next-Gen update sadly made it incompatible... The commenter who posted the link to his Google Drive containing the tweaked mod hasn't been online in a while and I also tried contacting him to no avail.

I have the suspicion though, that it may not be so hard to fix. I don't know anything about scripting and the structure of W3 mods (I've only resolved some conflicts in ScriptMerger, nothing beyond that)

but based on its folder structure, it only edits the r4player.ws file and nothing else. Maybe there is hope?

Can someone who's better versed in this kindly take a look?

Heres the mod itself: https://mega.nz/#!V9JVBbaT!deoKi4j79glpWvMdvymX1e60gsABcjj8RuI6xaA6mdw

Ideally, if someone where to take a look and fix it for 4.0 OR tell me how I could do it myself I would be eternally grateful. Any help is apprechiated.

If you choose to take a look, I encourage you to try the mod, for me and my friends it's absolutely ESSENTIAL and it's baffling how no one uses it... granted, it's pretty well hidden.

Thank you for any help or tips and have a good one!

-Matt

And here is a ScriptMerger Compilation Error with ONLY Witcher 3 1.4 and the mod:

Error [content0]game\player\movement\locomotiondirectcontroller.ws(866): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\items\spells\quenentity.ws(78): Could not find function 'OnShieldHit'
Error [content0]game\player\player.ws(1391): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\explorations\exploration_movement_system\exploration_substates\explorationstatejump.ws(612): Could not find function 'TryPetHorse'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(108): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(109): Could not find function 'SetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\photomodemanager.ws(126): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [modbettertorchesnextgen]game\player\playerinput.ws(605): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [modbettertorchesnextgen]game\player\playerinput.ws(2341): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(275): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(298): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(338): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(355): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmodulecontrolsfeedback.ws(584): Could not find function 'GetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleradialmenu.ws(765): Could not find function 'SetLastSelectedRadialItem'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1338): Could not find function 'ApplyCastSettings'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1346): Could not find function 'SetExplCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1348): Could not find function 'SetExplCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1354): Could not find function 'SetCmbtCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1356): Could not find function 'SetCmbtCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1362): Could not find function 'SetHorseCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1364): Could not find function 'SetHorseCamera'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1370): Could not find function 'SetSoftLockCameraAssist'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1372): Could not find function 'SetSoftLockCameraAssist'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1468): Could not find function 'SetLeftStickSprint'
Error [modquicksavemenu]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(1470): Could not find function 'SetLeftStickSprint'
Error [content0]game\vehicles\horse\states\exploration.ws(251): Could not find function 'GetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\vehicles\horse\states\exploration.ws(256): Could not find function 'SetPhotoModeHorseKick'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\horseriding.ws(389): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\dismountthevehicle.ws(82): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\dismountthevehicle.ws(82): Could not find function 'GetExplCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(66): Could not find function 'SetLadderCamReset'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(79): Could not find function 'GetLadderCamReset'
Error [content0]game\player\states\traverseexploration.ws(87): Could not find function 'GetExplCamera'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\mountthevehicle.ws(83): Could not find function 'GetHorseCamera'
--------------------
Edit: some typos and wrong information / bare with me, I never posted on here before.

Try the attached version.

A few code lines were not marked with the mod comment but looked very suspicious. So I am not sure whether I merged all necessary parts.

This version makes Geralt look in the same direction as the camera does. I couldnt spot any other differences but I dont know exactly what this mod is supposed to do. Was there more to it?

Check it out and let me know.

Edited by prrovoss