Best Companion ?

pauldelray

Just got Skyrim and looking for a great companion. I want one that works and has great voice acting. Not looking for sexy outfits, more of a warrior type.

I am used to Fallout NV and not sure how to add mods to this game yet, is there a certain mod manager you would suggest as well?

Best companion mod right now is probably Vilja http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393//?

Her voice acting is pretty good, and you get a quest line with it. Unfortunately, she is the only good voice in this mod. All the others (quest NPC's) range from okay, to just terrible.

If you're looking for a good male companion mod, then good luck. I can't recall any that are even close to being as in-depth as Vilja.

And just use the Nexus Mod Manager. It's good at handling most mods with just a few clicks.

I can't stand Vilja's voice. The accent, for some unknown reason, makes me want to punch babies. So I've spent plenty of time checking out other, less popular followers, as well as non-smart followers that are simply unique.

My favorite follower is Cerwiden. She's a smart healer/caster follower, has good custom voiced dialogue, she's configurable, etc. All the good stuff. If you're looking for a good, unique follower to support your character, she's your girl.

I also really like Hoth. He's very unique, has extremely professional voiced dialogue, has quests, and unique armor/weapon.

One that I've been using lately, since I got tired of big followers constantly getting in the way, is Dovahbit. He has a funny/cute backstory, though the actual ingame follower is somewhat simple compared to Cerwiden, Hoth, or Vilja. His main feature is the bags and helmet he has, and the ability to change his helmet. He's great if you want company and a mule, without a follower getting in your way. I feel I should also mention Dovahbear, who's very similar, and also wears a helmet.

YOUR IMAGINATION

But really, there's countless. It all comes down to opinion. I like Interesting NPCs, because it adds a lot of good followers that you encounter naturally. I honestly suggest anything but the 899579843579 "Dovimals", they are neat for about 3 seconds until you remember it's just a boring old animal with no more effort put into it then having an iron helmet slapped on it, then you just wish you had downloaded a real follower with voice acting, who adds interesting things to the game and your adventure, and helps and protects you in battle, instead of doing nothing but lugging all your gear.... While wearing an iron helmet. lol Just my personal opinion.

Hoth and Atvir Dres are two of my favorite individual followers, though I can't here the later 90% of the time because despite his great voice acting, his voice is so grumbly and low it gets drowned out easily by the music and other various sounds.

Edited by ArtMurder

I've never actually played the game with a companion... what is the best gameplay-wise (not voice etc, though that is nice) for stealth based ranged attacks?