Can't use my own character preset

FuryWasTaken

I'm trying to create a character preset with bodyslide but I can't get it to work in skyrim se. I don't really know what info to put her so tell me if there is something missing important. I created my character with bodyslide as I said I downloaded it to vortex and put it in every possible folder that could be a preset folder. I have osme preset workin and they all have a specific file type (.jslon and .nif) but I cant get these with my folder and I only have one instead of 3. can someone help me please I've looked for hours trying to do this.

When you create and save a body preset in Bodyslide, it generates an .xml file in Data/CalienteTools/BodySlide/SliderPresets, where you typically have two entries per slider for weight 0 and 100, i.e.

<SetSlider name="ShoulderWidth" size="big" value="60"/>
        <SetSlider name="ShoulderWidth" size="small" value="70"/>

And that is used for building armor items in BodySlide. For this specific preset, the _0 nif file is built at ShoulderWidth 70, and _1 at ShoulderWidth 60. Wearing armor built at that preset, a weight 50 character will appear with ShoulderWidth 65.

When you save a preset in Racemenu, it writes everything to a .jslot file under Data/SKSE/plugins/chargen/presets, with each slider having an entry like:

{
         "keys" : [
            {
               "key" : "RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp",
               "value" : 50
            }
         ],
         "name" : "ShoulderWidth"
      },

Loading that preset in Racemenu will set character's ShoulderWidth slider to 50. The jslot file will also contain the weight of your character, so they would have ShoulderWidth 50 at whatever weight that is.

Now, if you want an NPC to have that body preset, that's quite easy. Build (locally) CBBE reference body/hands/feet to that preset, copy the resulting meshes to a folder specific to that NPC, in CK create ArmorAddons pointing to those nifs, create an Armor form including those Addons, and then set that Armor as 'naked skin' for that NPC.

If you actually want to use a BodySlide preset in a Racemenu preset, that is a bit more involved. Lets assume that in BodySlide, you designed the preset to look the way you want at weight 100 - cause that is by default what you see when opening preview.

1. In game, open Racemenu, and save your character preset. If you want to use head from another preset, you should load that preset first, make whatever changes you want till head looks the way you want, then save preset.

2. Exit game, open the jslot file of the preset you just made in some editor.

3. Open the .xml file of your Bodyslide preset.

4. For every "size=big" slider entry in Bodyslide preset, find the same named 'RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp' entry in the jslot, and copy the value over. I.e. in above example, you would replace the value '50' in jslot with '60'. Technically, a small script could be written to automate the process. Someone might even have done so already.

5. Save the file, start Skyrim again, open Racemenu, and load that preset. You body should be set.

• 5 weeks later...

The lines I mentioned are EXAMPLES.
The actual BodySlide preset .xml will only include entries for sliders that were changed from default 'Zeroed' value.

Here is another example. This is 'CT77 SSE' preset .xml. It is quite tiny.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SliderPresets>
    <Preset name="CT77 SSE" set="CBBE Body Physics">
        <Group name="CBBE"/>
        <Group name="CBBE Bodies"/>
        <SetSlider name="AppleCheeks" size="big" value="25"/>
        <SetSlider name="Belly" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="BigButt" size="big" value="25"/>
        <SetSlider name="BigTorso" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="Breasts" size="big" value="100"/>
        <SetSlider name="Butt" size="big" value="100"/>
        <SetSlider name="ButtClassic" size="big" value="100"/>
        <SetSlider name="ButtClassic" size="small" value="100"/>
        <SetSlider name="CalfSize" size="big" value="100"/>
        <SetSlider name="ChestDepth" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="ChubbyArms" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="ChubbyLegs" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="LegShapeClassic" size="big" value="50"/>
        <SetSlider name="Waist" size="big" value="50"/>
    </Preset>
</SliderPresets>

If I want my Racemenu preset to use this BodySlide preset:
1. I design a character in RaceMenu. I do NOT mess with any CBBE morph sliders, leaving them all at 0.
2. I save the preset for my character in Racemenu under name "TestSubject"
3. I go to SSE folder, Data\SKSE\Plugins\chargen\presets, and open 'TestSubject.jslot'
3. Almost at the top, it should say the weight, i.e. "weight" : 50
4. Very first slider in the above .xml is 'AppleCheeks' size'big', value 25.
No size 'small' line means it its 0-weight part stayed 0, so this value goes from 0 for weight 0 to 25 for weight 100. Means for weight 50, it will be 12 (rounded down)
5. I search the .jslot file for 'AppleCheeks'. I find:

{
         "keys" : [
            {
               "key" : "RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp",
               "value" : 0
            }
         ],
         "name" : "AppleCheeks"
      },

This is important - the name must be same as slider name, and key must be 'RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp' - assumingg you use CBBE. For UNP or HIMBO sliders, key will be different.
6. I change the number after value to 12 (as determined in step 4)

I keep going, applying same logic for other sliders. I.e. Belly is 0-50, so in .jslot for Belly I put 25.
In case of 'ButtClassic' slider, it has 100 for both big and small, meaning it is 100-100. In jslot, I find 'ButtClassic' and set its value to 100.

Can be a fairly tedious process, especially with a complex preset. But it is what it is.