Millionth Post about VATS -Accuracy problem

shencereys

Hey guys. My first post here, I'll try to keep things as clear and concise as possible.

Playing Fallout 3 with the following:

FOMM 0.9.14 (And the Mods are loading in this order)

FakePatch_v1.0.0.22ESM

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - OA

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt

VATSFixOff.esp

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

ThePitt.esm

My fallout exe is 1.0.0.15

I am experiencing a VATS problem that I haven't seen discussed anywhere, and I was wondering if anyone was aware of a workaround.

My problem is a steadily decreasing VATS accuracy as I play (no, not weapon condition related, or body condition related, not related to any change in status, weight, position, etc.. this is a core problem with the game in this case. Not the user. Thanks.) The more often I use vats, the less accurate each shot becomes, until eventually after a dozen or so shots, every shot is around 5 to 7% regardless of position, range, weapon condition, etc. This problem will persist until an unspecified point, when magically all accuracy seems to recover. Several shots later however, the accuracy decrease resumes again.

I've tried changing my skill level (in this case Small Weapons) to any number (0 to 100), as well as Agility and Perception via the console during the same combat to observe the effects: Raising and lowering my weapon skill does seem to affect the accuracy chance, but to a much lesser degree than it should. A (already bugged) shot that's reading 7% in the open at 3 yards will change to a 10% if I buff my skill from 80 to 100.

I also tried adding and subtracting the VATS perks and they operated in about the same manner as skill level. It almost seems as if my accuracy chance is being fractionalized by some function I'm not able to determine.

I originally started this character under 1.51 - ran into the above problem, and tried running the unofficial patch, fake patch, etc, and the problem has persisted after a reinstall and rollback to 1.0.0.15.

Is this problem familiar to anyone? Did anyone find a way around it? (other than ignoring VATS altogether. I'd rather just go buy it again for my 360 and play a working version than play without a working VATS)

Thanks much for your help in advance,

The first thing I noticed is that your load order is wrong. esm's should always be first on the list, followed by esp's. Try this:

Fallout3.esm

FakePatch_v1.0.0.22.esm

ThePitt.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

VATSFixOff.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

I also found it advantageous to place ThePitt.esm before Anchorage.esm when running v1.0.0.15. This tip was mentioned on the Beth Forums and I experienced fewer glitches while playing The Pitt as a result.

Unless it's a typo, you're running an outdated version of the Fake Patch, the latest one is v1.5.0.22. Likewise, check to see if your UF3P is the current v1.13.

Also, do you have FOSE installed and are you launching FO3 via FOMM's "Launch FOSE" button?

Finally, have you entered all of your .bsa file names in the "SArchiveList" section of the Fallout.ini file, and ensured that the resulting variable string doesn't exceed the 255 max char limit (including spaces)? Newer patches do so automatically, but v1.0.0.15 still requires users to enter the info by hand.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps.

At least your VATS system works, mine doesn't at all. When I go into the VATS screen my frame rate drops to damn near nothing and I have 0% accuracy no matter how close or far away I am from the target. Thing is, I don't have hardly any mods installed either. I've got :

FOMM

FOSE

Archiveinvalidation Invalidated

(those three aren't really mods at all I know, more or less utilities)

Unofficial Fallout Patch

Multiple ways to attain Power Armor Training

Warhammer 40k Space Marine armor

WH40k weapon 3pack

TheOutlander's Boltguns V3

Killable Children

Atmospheric Sun Glare

My game is also patched to 1.4

That's all I have and I have no idea why my VATS is all screwy. None of the mods changes it in any way. It's not that big a deal for me because I prefer to play without it, but there are times when it's nice to be able to use VATS.

Any ideas?

At least your VATS system works, mine doesn't at all. When I go into the VATS screen my frame rate drops to damn near nothing and I have 0% accuracy no matter how close or far away I am from the target. Thing is, I don't have hardly any mods installed either. I've got :

FOMM

FOSE

Archiveinvalidation Invalidated

(those three aren't really mods at all I know, more or less utilities)

Unofficial Fallout Patch

Multiple ways to attain Power Armor Training

Warhammer 40k Space Marine armor

WH40k weapon 3pack

TheOutlander's Boltguns V3

Killable Children

Atmospheric Sun Glare

My game is also patched to 1.4

That's all I have and I have no idea why my VATS is all screwy. None of the mods changes it in any way. It's not that big a deal for me because I prefer to play without it, but there are times when it's nice to be able to use VATS.

Any ideas?

can you copy and paste you load order please i will have a look at it

also guys next time dont post it in here because not alot of people will look at it

here next time for help (Fallout 3 Technical Support)

alot of the VATS bugs are fixed with 1.5 patch it not as bad as they can alot of mods are getting fixed now with fo3 edit

help one other thing try the fake patch here >>>> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4635

Archived