I need someone to help me fixing some hair's physics, please.

AmyntasVolkisch

Hi, I've downloaded a hair pack from tullius some time ago, there is a modification of ''no frauds'', a hair from Xsummer or Dint999 (i don't know who is the original autor) wich I love.

The problem is that the hair doesn't recognice PC's body, so it clips through it.

I've tried using the ''Just For Fun'' tool to edit the XML file, but it cannot be opened, so I tried to edit the files myself... but I had no idea of what I was doing.

So, is there any kind soul who can do a little work for me?

I have the xml file located, I think that thats the file because if I delete it, the hair stop moving.

Many thanks, I really really hope someone with knowledge helps me.

Hmm... I would try changing "shared" property on your shapes to public and see how it goes...
From what I read:
(shared) private - can only collide with the same mesh

Edit - or rather - looking at other hair .xmls - 'shared' for head/body/ground is private, but for hair shape itself, it is 'Internal'

I have the same mod installed. With same issue. And I think I see the problem. The xml file definitely needs to have shared: Internal on all three hair parts meshes.

But the problem is the nifs. The NoFrauds nif does not have a collision_body mesh!

k92ZaHR.jpg

Unlike, for example, this one:

vIZuFRL.jpg

Unfortunately, it is not just body mesh - which is actually is an easy copy-paste.

That hair also has serious issues with bone weights. The bone strands in left/right bangs have no lateral constraints so they all move independently, which us good. But many mesh strands are weighted to bones from different strands which causes real ugly stretching and clipping. Fixing that would require disassembling the mesh by strand in Blender and re-doing their weights.

So, with a bit o'free time...

Split out hair meshes into strands in Blender

Re-weighted mesh strands to individual bone strands.

Added a collision body.

Hair being real long was clipping into hands a lot so added hands to collision body.

Then needed to update xml to include collision hands bones. I think it came out ok...

Dunno if you got same exact mod, but this .nif expects textures to be in

textures\xsummer\s4 hair\update\update1\update2\ (nofrauds.dds and nofrauds_n.dds)

Expected xml path is

meshes\xSummer\S4 Hair\HDTdint999\SMPxml\nofrauds.xml

NoFrauds.nif

NoFrauds.xml