Hearthfire lighting improvement?

casadechrisso

I know this is an old topic, but many months have passed since the last one I found:

Has anyone managed to improve the interior lighting for Hearthfire homes by now?

In an older thread someone said that RLO's "next update" would do it, however, as far as I can tell this never happened, unless I horribly messed up load orders or missed a patch.

The vanilla interiors are almost gamebreaking for me, I really don't want to live in those homes I built. :pinch:

During some searches on the web I actually found posts by people who can't see the problem... they must be blind, however, I'll attach two pics comparing the Falkreath home to Breezehome, currently with RLO installed.

If anyone knows another trick, pray tell!

Edited by casadechrisso

• 9 months later...

As far as I understand it the problem is the meshes they're so large that you can' light them properly without flickering problems so the whole place is basically lit by ambient light which is a dull washed out uniform light. The solution is is break up the meshes into smaller chunks but thats a lot of work.

n.b. you might want to read the sticky at the top of the page about bumping threads...

Edited by soupdragon1234

soupdragon1234 is right about the size of the meshes being the problem with lighting hearthfire homes.

Whilst I haven't made the fix for the vanilla hearthfire homes myself, I have made available the carved up meshes that would be required to fix the lighting: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41645/?

It would be a lot of work to swap out all the meshes so I can understand why nobody has done it.