How do you make things only available until after a quest is completed

FatalxSyn

I am working on a quest and would like to know how you make certain things only available until after a quest is completed?

More specifically, I want a custom vendor to only sell certain items after a quest has been completed for him. He will already be selling items, but not the special ones until after the player completes that quest.

I haven't tried looking around the CK for answers yet to try and figure this out on my own, but I was hoping to get a clear answer here.

--> How would I go about making it so he will start selling the special items only after a quest has been completed?

Thanks~

Use a script to add items to the vendors chest when the quest is completed? I haven't tried it myself but it might work.

Nope, that'll only last until the merchant resets their stock, and then the new items will be gone and your script won't know to re-add them without some awkward workarounds.

Check how the Atronach Forge recipes are magically found on mage NPC's after you find the forge.

I think a Global variable is attached to a leveled list then when a certain condition proves true the Global variable is changed via a script.

This is the way. Make a LeveledItem list that contains your item(s), put the LeveledItem in the vendor's chest, and set its "chance none" to a new GlobalVariable you create. The GV should start at 100 in the CK (so the LeveledItem initially has chance none = 100, i.e. it will never yield anything), and then the script on your quest just needs to set the GV to 0 at the appropriate time. After that, whenever the vendor restocks, they'll start including the stuff from the LeveledItem.