Just here to say hi, looking to see if any old timer mod authors are here.

sca

I use to make the Duke Patrick combat mods for Oblivion. I have been away for a long time. But with Starfield coming I was looking to join what Bethesda had for the forums these days. So I just found out it is nothing as they have gone to "social media" discussion groups instead.

That is not my thing, but I want to be able to have correspondence with mod makers and users like the guys that made the script extenders for Oblivion and I hoped they were here?

Best gaming years of my life. With the script extender it was like having a magic wand that let me do ANYTHING I could dream of in mods for Oblivion. Thank you so very much again for that.

I was hoping eventually the same kind of thing would happen with Starfield.

• 1 month later...

A kindred spirit! I also modded Oblivion (as Jumonji - checkout my Rhianna companion) but nothing in 15 years. I also see Starfield as a chance to dive back in with a fresh slate to see what I can do here now that I'm officially retired from my software engineering career.

Duke Patrick! Wondered what happened to ya. :D Good to see you are around.

I fully expect the script extender folks to support starfield as well, and, given it's 'creation engine 2', I would expect a more robust scripting engine to go with it. Probably still gonna be papyrus though.... which saddens me, as I like scripting a WHOLE lot better in Oblivion..... I also liked how it worked in Oblivion..... But, oh well. We'll see what we get. :D