Mods + Steam Oblivion GOTY

Razor444

When you say "2 folders Oblivion (1 new and one old)" do you mean you had Oblivion from Steam installed before and now you have bought Oblivion GotY from Steam and have both installed? If you only have one copy of the game installed you should be able to find one Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder. That may be inside a Steam folder or Steam\Steamapps folder or Steam\Common folder ... I don't have Steam so I can't check that to tell you where your game is installed.

When you say (Not needed the format.esp) I think you are talking about a replacer mod. Replacer mods don't generally have an esp but you must use archive invalidation for them to work, which brings us back to Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). You can use OBMM to turn on BSA Redirection (the recommended method of archive invalidation) and at the same time reset your BSA Timestamps. After you install OBMM just click on the Utilities button and select Archive Invalidation from the menu. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue that opens select BSA Redirection and then click Reset BSA Timestamps. Click the Update Now button and then close the Archive Invalidation dialogue and then close OBMM (it doesn't commit it's changes until you close it).

OBMM has been so long since I use it so I do not remember how you put the Mods.
But if I have a mod that only has folders like "Textures" ----> "Character" ----> "Imperial" ----> "headhuman.dds" how do I apply it on OBMM?
Honestly I do not remember exactly, 3 years ago I was capable and I was an "expert" but I do not remember as it gets. :(

When you say "2 folders Oblivion (1 new and one old)" do you mean you had Oblivion from Steam installed before and now you have bought Oblivion GotY from Steam and have both installed? If you only have one copy of the game installed you should be able to find one Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder. That may be inside a Steam folder or Steam\Steamapps folder or Steam\Common folder ... I don't have Steam so I can't check that to tell you where your game is installed.

When you say (Not needed the format.esp) I think you are talking about a replacer mod. Replacer mods don't generally have an esp but you must use archive invalidation for them to work, which brings us back to Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). You can use OBMM to turn on BSA Redirection (the recommended method of archive invalidation) and at the same time reset your BSA Timestamps. After you install OBMM just click on the Utilities button and select Archive Invalidation from the menu. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue that opens select BSA Redirection and then click Reset BSA Timestamps. Click the Update Now button and then close the Archive Invalidation dialogue and then close OBMM (it doesn't commit it's changes until you close it).

Yes, the path is and what it is exactly that, the problem is that with Oblivion boxed (no steam), I put the mods easily, manually or with OBMM, Oblivion GOTY but I do not know why it is as if they did not read the mods.

All I've ever used OBMM for is installing a couple of mods that came prepackaged as OMOD downloads. It was just a matter of copying the downloaded OMOD file to the mods folder in the game's Oblivion\obmm folder (full path on my machine is Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\mods\whateverthemodsnameis.omod). Start up OBMM and the mod whateverthemodsnameis will appear in the right hand pane. Single click on it and hit the Activate button. If the mod includes an installation script it walks you through the install options.

If the obmm\mods folder isn't there you just create it yourself (I used the manual install version of OBMM and all it has after you extract the download is an obmm\UI folder, no mods folder ... perhaps the self installer version is different). As far as I understand for mods that don't come as an OMOD you have a couple of options. Read through the help topics in OBMM after you install it (which would be better than me guessing).

Hopefully Drake's advice helped straighten out the where the GotY edition is installed for you ... my advice of looking at the path shown on the shortcut you use to start it still stands though. I use that trick whenever I'm working on an unfamiliar machine and want to know where a program is installed.