Alteration of chem recipes

SubjecttoGod

Hi, I want to alter the ingredients needed to make a chem.

For example stimpacks need bloodpacks to be made.
I would like to change this or just remove it altogether.

The bible states that we should be very careful to not eat the blood. Because the soul is in the blood.
So I would like to remove or change the bloodpack requirement in the recipy.
I looked around in DDG and in here and didnt find anything like that.

If you find it interesting to make such a mod, please make it compatible with the Horizon mod.

One day we must all answer to Jesus Christ for how we lived. I hope all of you are going to be accepted by Him.

Sincerely yours, Oeyvind - Norway

Stimpaks themselves are essentially a bunch of medicaments, so a different recipe would most likely still be (and possibly even be more) lore friendly. My guess is that the recipe is more of a "turn lesser healing items into better healing items" deal than actual contents... considering blood packs are added into deathclaw omelettes, their use is somewhat dubious in Fallout, even outside the scope of religion... feels like Fallout is using bloodpacks as a sort of miracle juice rather than actual packs of blood.

It would be easier to create an alternate recipe, which can be done simply by duplicating the current vanilla recipe, and removing and replacing the questionably included ingredient in your new recipe. :yes:

(Then just don't use the other recipe). :unsure:

Heh, our brains are bouncing off of each other again, Blinx! :laugh:

I was putting together the steps to teach how to do exactly what you posted.

All moral/spiritual arguments aside (and yes, I do understand where you are coming from STG...there was an old console game where the player captured, bottled and then... ate... souls... for healing. I didn't find that suitable either.)

That said, what you're asking for, is really easy for you to make.

First thing you will need to do, is download and install F4Edit. AKA XEdit. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737

This is similar to the creation kit, the modding tool for Fallout 4, but simpler and easier to use.

Now before I go any further, please note: I do not know absolutely anything about Horizon. Therefor I do not know anything about compatibility with it.

Once you have Xedit installed, open up JUST the Fallout4.esm file, and for good measure teh Horizon file. So you will want to UNcheck all the boxes in the list that comes up, EXCEPT for those two.

It will take a bit of time for Xedit to open the files. Especially the Fallout4.esm file. How long, depends on your computer. But be patient, it shouldn't take more than a minute or so.

Since you are looking for compatibility, on the left side pane, click the + next to the Horizon file, to expand it's tree.

If you see an entry for Constructible, we could be in luck.

y75oqo73_t.jpg

Click the + next to it, and start scrolling through the list for

co_chem_stimpack

icul2sUv_t.jpg

RIGHT CLICK on it to bring up the Right Click Menu.

In the RCM, you will want to choose Copy As Override Into

TJyQbeXZ_t.jpg

Once you have done that xedit will present you with options for what kind of file. Pick .esp file, and then it will ask you to name the file.

Ok, now you will have a new record at the very bottom of the left pane, which is the new file that you created. Click the + next to it to expand it's tree, find Constructible, and then the record for the over-write of the stimpack's recipe that you just made.

Click on it with the left mouse button, and that will open it's file contents up in the right side panel.

The area of interest to you, is the section that I highlighted with Yellow.

I placed an arrow, to designate the bloodpack that you are wanting to change. RIGHT CLICK on the name of the bloodpack. Xedit will make you wait a couple of seconds, and then ask you if you want to make changes. Click Yes.

The name will now turn into a drop box, with an arrow at the right of it. Click on the arrow, and you can choose any alternate substance that you want to, to replace it.

OR

You can RIGHT CLICK DIRECTLY ABOVE where it says bloodpack, and choose DELETE or REMOVE. (pretty sure it's Delete). Which will then in turn, just completely remove that area for the required componant.

AldShUp8_t.jpg

IF the construcible object is NOT listed in the horizon file, then you will have to do this through the Fallout4.esm file. Exact same process, but opening a different file instead of the one that I was just giving directions for.

Once you have made the edits that you want to make, have double checked them to make sure you're good with that, you want to save the file.

To do this, you simply press and hold down the CTRL key (located very bottom row, very left corner of your keyboard) and then tap the S key. That is the keyboard shortcut for File>Save.

Take note tho again, that if you need to do this via the Fallout4.esm file, I do not know what else that you need to do to make this Horizon compatible.

Also note, that this change might not take effect on any Stimpacks that you already have in your game, if you have a mod that lets you scrap them. On any of your CURRENT characters. New chars that don't have the old componants written into their save game files will be fine.

It should however, fully take effect for when you are trying to make them at the chem bench. Unless of course, additional steps are required for the Horizon patch.

Good luck, and happy gaming.

• 4 months later...

Thanks alot!
I have already looked into the FO4Edit and somehow it eludes me on how to install it. The official site only give directions for Skyrim.
Now my ability to navigate this environment (and the earth in general) have become bewilderingly difficult. For example this topic: I was waiting for someone to reply to this topic only to only now find you guys were onto it almost immediately....
Thanks. Maybe one day I will get the inspiration to properly install FO4Edit onto my laptop. Because it is not simply click and use for me.

Again thanks alot.

Be well and live a life so you can answer Jesus with joy when He returns.
Öyvind, Norway.