Hair Bug

Highlord90

Yesterday I noticed the hair on every Mer (Elf) Race is floating just a few centimeters above the head. I have the Oblivion Character Overhaul installed but as far as I remember this only happened after I installed Open Cities Reborn and Better Cities so I deleted that data folder and switched to one I saved that had a stable batch of mods installed.

I've yet to see if it worked but some help would be nice for if the problem persists...needless to say I'm done modding, I've got all I need.

*I say this because a good bunch of the mods aren't lore friendly, I prefer them lore friendly though*

Edited by Highlord90

A suggestion for future modding efforts. I use Multiple Oblivion Manager - MOM to manage multiple profiles of the game. Some are for different characters (with different mods) and some are just for testing. When testing I never need to worry about messing up my main character's games. If I want to test a mod on exactly their load list I make a clone of their current game and then test on that. If all is well I can delete the original and carry on from the profile clone ... if not it's a simple matter to switch back to the original and delete the clone.

A suggestion for future modding efforts. I use Multiple Oblivion Manager - MOM to manage multiple profiles of the game. Some are for different characters (with different mods) and some are just for testing. When testing I never need to worry about messing up my main character's games. If I want to test a mod on exactly their load list I make a clone of their current game and then test on that. If all is well I can delete the original and carry on from the profile clone ... if not it's a simple matter to switch back to the original and delete the clone.

I actually keep a backup of my data, I'm going to post in another thread if it can be safely moved to disk or USB so it doesn't take up so much space though.

You could try compressing the file with something like WinZIP or 7Zip and split the archive (though I must admit I've never attempted something like that myself before). You would still need more storage capacity in the end though as I doubt that compressing would get the archive to less than 4Gb (so even splitting it would require more sticks). Here in Canada I see at my usual computer store I can get a 16Gb USB3.0 stick for $12.99, and it would leave you room for other stuff. If you split the archive you could burn them onto multiple DVD disks.

You could try compressing the file with something like WinZIP or 7Zip and split the archive (though I must admit I've never attempted something like that myself before). You would still need more storage capacity in the end though as I doubt that compressing would get the archive to less than 4Gb (so even splitting it would require more sticks). Here in Canada I see at my usual computer store I can get a 16Gb USB3.0 stick for $12.99, and it would leave you room for other stuff. If you split the archive you could burn them onto multiple DVD disks.

I'll try that idea and compress it, for today I shan't add any mods just in case compressing it messes up the data and I have to start over lol thanks dude

Work on a copy of your Data folder ... not the one in Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion.

- Edit - Did you ever get the hair issue sorted out?

Edited by Striker879