Getting DLC and mods working

Wandik

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice updates i still think FOOK / MMM are too buggy for me so i dont use them and i hate the way you have all them esp`s you have 250 mods limit in fallout 3 o_O

Hi Wandik, after no small amount of frustration with FO3 I decided to use your guide. Its very easy to follow and all, but for some reason when I first try and update to 1.0.0.15 at the end of the patch it says "The application failed to initialize properly, press ok to exit." This is with a brand new fresh install of FO3, offline. Ive tried files versions from 2 different sites, so its not that. Any ideas?

Just wanted to say that after a few reinstalls the patch finally worked, and I was able to follow the steps right up through all the DLC installs. Everything works now, although it seems I still have crashes, in particular the game always crashes in OA right after the pulse field goes down and you assault the main base. It seems this game is just meant to challenge and frustrate me :(. I have no mods besides all the patches and stuff, so I dont quite get it. Maybe because I run on 64 bit? Anyway, thanks for youre good guide, Im sure it would fully work for me if I wasn't cursed.

you obviously put allot of work into this tutorial... shame it doesn't work, Fallout 3 STILL crashes like there's no tomorrow.

I doubt it will ever be possible to play Broken Steel with FOOK and FME and not Crash all the time.

Craft.esm is listed as required by FWE here: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761

I haven't tried it yet but I'll find out soon enough I guess since I don't see a craft.esm listed here as required.

Thanks for the guide though. I just reinstalled FO3 on my new badass I7 SSD system and it flies. I want to find some good HQ texture mods too.