Making NPCs wear fully repaired armors

Deleted910962User

Items > LeveledItem. Look for the cond entries and open up the ones you want to edit (CondBoSArmourGun <- something like this). Remove all but one entry in the list, then set that one remaining entry to 100% health and level 1. All the lists that draw from these Cond lists to populate their own lists will use your 100% armour now. If you REALLY want to make them tough though, try looking at Object Effects and add a new one to the PowerArmour object effects for Damage Reduction so the armour absorbs more damage.

Another Idea, that proberbly is better to keep game balance:

Create new Armortypes by duplicate the ID of the armors the enemies have, that are supposed to be stronger.

Now mark these new armors as "not playable"

Now add these armors to the Enemies/Encounters directly, but leave the level lists as they are.

Your Enemies now are wearing strong armors, but they drop broken armors :closedeyes:

Another reason that BoS and Outcast NPCs are relatively easy to defeat ( as well as the majority of other opponents ) is that their level is capped. On a quick scan, I find that the highest level for generic BoS and Outcast is 11, some as low as 4. If you want more challenge from your opponents, maybe take off that cap and give them a PC Level Mult of 1. If you are level 20, so are they.

Me silly overlooked those condition files when I first had a look at those npcs, I found those condition files myself. Thanks anyways guys. :banana: I might even try to increase the level cap on them. I also did a testing mod where outcast and bos weapons and armors are around 85-100 and it worked. Flamer that outcasts use used to be killing me slowly but now it was realistic.. I needed to run from that flamer.. (I wasn't wearing a power armor) awesome. Now it actually felt like they are the keepers of technology and not some random riff-raff of the street wearing heavily damaged stuff.. It was still easy to kill them (they were a little toughter this time) but that's probably because they don't have as much health as my guy does and currently those older power armors in my game give around 60 dr with a helmet and around 70 dr on my guy.

• 2 years later...

Also in the GECK 'settings' there is:

FAVDNPCHealthLevelMult (health per level multipier) ,and FAVDNPCHealthEnduranceMult I understand these affect all humans in the game, except the player. But are there settings like these for creatures also?

Edited by liquidlight88

Items > LeveledItem. Look for the cond entries and open up the ones you want to edit (CondBoSArmourGun <- something like this). Remove all but one entry in the list, then set that one remaining entry to 100% health and level 1. All the lists that draw from these Cond lists to populate their own lists will use your 100% armour now.

this sounds good, anyone know exactly what entries i'm looking for/needing to change? would like any power armor that NPC's use to be fully repaired..